Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Please help a Crohn's patient suffering from bone loss & other...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help a Crohn's patient suffering from bone loss & other issues

Please help us find a solution for this patient who has stated that they have the following;

"Crohn's, osteoporosis osteponia, fibromyalgia, arthritis, anxiety, depression. Very high tolerance from pain meds. 3 80mgs oxycotin in twelve hours. 15 mgs oxycodone 3 a day 350 mgs soma 4 a day. 2 mgs Xanax 4 a day. promethazine. zantax. calcium, foteio sena s stool softener estrogen and a few others. My Crohn's has been out of remission for several months, my bones hurt so bad, I can't find a doctor that can manage Crohn's & severely damaged bones, I have had a bowl reception, histermitie gallbladder removed earlier in life I had endemiterois. adhidisions and was unable to have children. thank God I had reconstructive surgery and gave birth to 3 great kids. but now they are grown & I've been married for 32 years. but I have been in bed for 6/7months. I did not know that there are doctors that cannot manage both problems. I don't think I can hear another doctor say sorry miss I cant help you... I also feel that there are no resources. I've been in this bed for 7 months. there are no doctors that can treat all of my conditions, my pcp say's go to your g.I. well I would have thought that he of all would know to check for bone loss, my pcp is a doctor of internal medicine. my bones are real close to not supporting my body weight i.m small. I went to a orthipitic doc. who said, "sorry we can't help you." g.I. said, "sorry we can't help you". neurology, said, "sorry we can't help you." Who CAN?"

Please tell us, where should this patient go? Thank you.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

The osteopenia is likely to be secondary to the crohn’s and bowel resection. While the issues may be related to one another and your PCP/ internist may be able to provide primary care, specific management of each would require consultation by a gastroenterologist and an endocrinologist. Consultation by an orthopedician would be required if there are associated structural defects/ fractures.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949