1706655 tn?1307739637
Possible Crohns Disease
For the past month and a half I have had blood and mucus in my stools. The last 2 weeks the stools have been really loose. I had my colonoscopy yesterday. The DR found I had segmental colitis and wrote crohns disease with question mark. He did a biopsy, but he thinks that may be the problem. I am also anemic. I do not seem to have any other symptoms though. I am scared.Everything I read about Crohns scares me.  I am 31 years old and never have had health problems. I have an 8 year old son whose life I am very active in. I am a den leader in scouts and he also plays baseball and I play roller derby. I am scared this will change everything.  The disease they say I may have has no cure. Could it be anything else? What can I expect if it comes back as chrons?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1701263 tn?1307142048
Hi, thanks for your query. Your description and the report of colonoscopy does point towards Crohn’s. A more convincing diagnosis can be established following the biopsy reports.   Crohn’s  is a well studied disease and lots of treatment options are available. People with crohn’s diease can lead a happy life if the disease is under check by medications. So do not worry.
Wish you good health.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources