Question On Crohn's
I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 17 years old, I had symptoms since I was 13. I'm 26 now. When I was 18/19 I started to experience Chorea (My right hand would start playing an "Invisible Piano" without my volition or control.) I also had some cold chills that would run up my spine and shake my slightly since I was 13 on and off, I haven't had problems with any of this for a few years now, until recently.

Then. I had some brain scans run to check for cancer, and I assume they would have checked for Huntington's as well, and with the symptoms going away for a long period of time, I would not think it would come and go once it had started.

What I'm curious about is whether or not anyone has ever had these symptoms with Crohn's Disease?
Hi - I have had Crohn's since I was 25 yrs old, now 63 yrs. I have never had, or even heard of, the symptoms you are experiencing. Crohn's is a difficult disease, not everyone "presents" the same. It could be that your symptoms are due to other factors rather than Crohn's. I am intrigued as to why you had brain scans.....as far as I am aware from my own research and experience, if Crohn's is going to mutate into cancer, it will be to the intestines, more ofteh the colon, and rarely, to the small intestine.   I was dx with breast cancer (ductal invasive with spread to the axillary lymph nodes) nearly 5 yrs ago and both my gastroenterologist and bc surgeon assure me that the two diseases are not connected
Hope you ge the problems solved soon.
Liz.
Hi!
I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for 14 years.  I have had several flare-ups over the course of time but have not had one in the past four years.  Despite my Crohn's flare-ups disappearing, similar to you, I have been experiencing a 'shaking' in my left hand but attributed it to familial tremors (I've had it for years but it seems to be worsening).  I don't know that the two are related. I would just like you to know that there is someone else who presents with something similar to your complaints.  I have not had this tremor checked yet mainly because I have been procrastinating.  Within the past 4 years I have also developed chronic hives (orthodermographia) which I am may never go away.  Crohn's is an autoimmune disease and as such I wouldn't be surprised if somehow all my different afflictions are related.  I'd love to get some feedback from other people who may have experienced similar difficulties.
Jeannine
Oh my gosh! I have not had an active flare-up of crohn's in at least 10 years however about 9 years ago I developed chronic hives.  I also have what I thought to be familial tremors.  My dad did not have crohn's but did have his own tremors.  I just thought that I inherited it.  It seems odd that you and I share some very common ailments with a postive history for crohn's.  I think that it is fascinating to find out that someone shares my similar ailments! Thanks for sharing.