Questions
My Mom and my Uncle on my Dad's side suffer from Crohn's Disease - I am 35 (almost 36) and wonder what I should look out for. What are some of the early symptoms?

This has torn my Mom apart and I wish there was more I could do to help her. She's had MANY surgeries and is in constant pain. Now she has to also deal with kidney issues. Is this common with Crohn's or is she just that unlucky?

Thank you!
The common symptoms to look for in Crohn's disease is stomach cramping, excessive bloating and constantly having to use the bathroom. My suggestion is to be proactive with trying to have a nutritional low residue diet.  High fiber is actually painful with people who have Crohn's or ulcerative colitis. It would not hurt to get a colonoscopy too. The kidney issue is perhaps has to do with luck, but also anyone with digestive disease typically have other aliments associated with it like joint pain that can lead to fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis.

Hope this helps.
Debra