Aa
A
A
Close
Recovery from a resection
I had my ileocolicresection done on Dec. 13 2012 and the surgery went well and I was discharged from the hospital 6 days later. Before surgery I was on prednisone for over a year, but usually it was a low dose like 10mg. My surgeon discharged me with a prednisone taper starting me with 20mg and every 5 days going down 5mg, so after 25 days I would be off of prednisone. I had my 3 week follow-up with my surgeon and the incision sites look great and she cleared me to go back to work and do half days. I completed my first week of half days and on Friday I started to experience abdominal pain on my right side away from my incision site. I thought I over did it and was pushing my self, so the whole weekend I just laid in bed to let my body heal just thinking I did too much within that week. Monday comes and now the pain is getting worse, so I go into my primary doctors office and they run a couple of test and everything is normal, but the CT scan shows active crohns in the cecum now! Can I really get active crohns after 4 weeks post-op and be symptomatic? I am currently at 0 with my prednisone and everytime before surgery I would get on a low dose I would flare. I am curious to see if anyone has had a recurrence with crohns so soon after surgery or is this abdominal pain the incision site inside my belly, and now that I am off everything am I feeling the surgery? This is my first resection and I was Dx with Crohns in March 2012. Any advice would be great thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
Usually that soon after surgery, you call your surgeon for a recheck from him or her.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources