STOMACH BLOATING AND HARDNESS
SIR,
I AM SUFFERING FROM STOMACH HARDNESS AND BLOATING , ESPECIALLY AFTER MEALS, MY DOCTOR HAD ADVISED US SCAN AND GASTROSCOPY.   I GOT US SCAN DONE AND GASTROSCOPY NOT DONE SO FAR.  MY DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED KOOL-IT AND GERIDYS CAPSULES (RABRAZOLE SODIUMITOPRIDE HYDROCHLORIDE SUSTAINED RELEASE CAPSULES AND GERIDYS CAPSULES.

TOTAL BILIRUBIN IS 0.67 MG/DL, DIRECT BILIRUBIN 0.21 MG/DL, SGPT 46.0 U/L AND ULTRASOUND SCAN OF ABDOMEN AND PELVIS NORMAL BUT WITH OBSERVATION GRADE I FATTY INFILTRATION OF LIVER

WHETHER GASTROSCOPY IS ALSO TO BE DONE?  AND WHETHER I HAVE TO TAKE LIV-52 ALSO? ALONG WITH KOOL-IT AND GERIDYS?     PLEASE ADVISE ME WHICH SPECIFIC FOOD I HAVE TO CONSUME OR NOT.  THANK YOU,
Hi!
The treatment of a bloated hard abdomen will depend on its cause. You could be suffering from an inflammatory bowel condition such as Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ Crohn’s disease. Most of these conditions are diagnosed through endoscopies. Other than that it could be due to H pylori infection. This can be diagnosed by a carbon urea breath test. At times endoscopy is also done. It can also be food intolerance. Diabetes can cause slowing of gut and can cause bloating and hence get your blood sugar tested. It can also be due to excess consumption of food rich in sulfites like juices, molasses, yellow dye in ready made food stuffs, and red wine. Sulfites are present in lesser amounts in mashed potatoes made from dry powder, pickles, tinned shrimp, cookies, crackers, and readymade pie dough. Constipation can also cause bloating. Very sedentary lifestyle is another cause. You can take probiotics, antacid gels and see if this helps. Also, since you have fatty liver, you need to restrict your fat and calorie intake. So, yes, you may need an endoscopy. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!