Seborrheic Dermatitis/Vitamin B1, B6, B12 Deficiency
I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1991, have had a major resection and several flares.  I was also recently diagnosed diarrhea-predominant IBS (will be trying Lotronex later this month).  Recent blood work has shown I'm deficient in Vitamin B1, B6 and B12, along with a low red blood count because of the Crohn's.  I have these ugly red patches on my chin and breastbone that sometimes itch, more often burn, will ulcerate and then peel and flake like crazy.  I have them on the sides of my nose, as well, to the point where the skin bleeds - these patches are spreading to other areas of my face!  I'd like to know how on earth to control these (I know there is no cure for them) - I have started taking vitamins to help replenish my system, but they make me really sick, so we are looking at other options (possibly TPN) to get the nutrients I need back into my body.  Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give.
I have the same thing inbetween my fingers, not sure if its chrons related or not
It's possible it is - it can strike anywhere on the body - if it's not SD, it may be eczema, because we Crohn's people are susceptible to all forms of skin problems, like psoriasis, dermatits, and eczema.  The problem is all of these conditions can be so closely related that it's really hard to tell what it might be, and how to treat it.  Are you currently treating these patches between your fingers?

:-)
It can defintely be any of the skin disorders you described above.  You may want to take vitamin e capsules, break them open and rub the oil on the affected areas.  If you're not allergic to Aloe then you may want to buy an Aloe plant cut the leaf open and apply the Aloe directly to the affected areas. My sister who has very eczema use to do use the vitamin e capsules.  At a doctor's recommendation my mom used Aloe on my brother's hands when he was a kid after he got 3rd degree burns... he doesn't have any scars! I'm allergic to Aloe so I'm stuck on Vitamin E.