Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Severe pain, occasional vomiting but only at night

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

I am 20 years old and I have had Crohn's for 11years and I have had a severe case of it. For the past few years it has gotten better and I haven't had to be hospitalized or put on steroids.

But in the past week or so I have started to have severe pain and occasional vomiting but it seems to only happen at night. I have a high pain tolerance and I am used to the cramping feeling or gas pain that usually comes with Crohn's but this pain is pretty bad. It comes in waves and is a general pain in my stomach. So it pretty much hurts all over. Heat helps a little so I have been relying on a heating pad and baths. In the recent nights I have also gotten very nautious and have even thrown up. It feels like my stomach is empty like I haven't eaten in a while but at the same time it feels like I have something in my throat. I have restricted my diet down to simple, plain foods and haven't been eating anything past 6pm. I am fine all day long but when it gets to about 10 or 11 at night I start to get the pain. It never comes at the same time. I was fine and then all of the sudden one day last week I just wasn't. I haven't changed anything in my diet or routine. I haven't eaten anything unusual or undercooked. I thought maybe perhaps it was my period because when I get it my stomach pretty much goes to hell but my period ended and I was worse than before. I was better for a day or 2 but then I got worse. Now my stomach is even sensitive to any fluids I put in it. I don't think its acid because I am on a pretty intense acid blocker that has always worked for me and I haven't stopped taking it. Plus even when I sit up in bed or even stand the pain still comes. It seems like I have been trying everything to make it better but nothing helps.

In November I had a soft tissue infection under my left arm that had to be cut open. Because it was so large they left the incision open and it was packed until it healed. It started to heal but stopped and it won't close. I'm worried that maybe it could have gotten infected and that's what is causing my stomach issues. I don't know if its even relevant. It isn't red or swollen, and there is no discharge. I don't have a fever or head ache either. And there is no redness near or on my arm at all. It just won't close.

I don't know what to do. I don't have health insurance and I have to pay off a lot of hospital bills so I can't really afford to go to the doctor's but if its really an emergency. Usually if I have a small flare up it goes away by now but I am really worried it  might be something more. Should I be worried? Am I just overreacting? Please help.
Do you have your gallbladder still?
I had similar symptoms with the attack.
DoxieMom 04
Yes I do still have my Gallbladder.