Sleepless nights
I'd love some suggestions on what to do about this -- I have Crohn's Disease and I've been having so much abdominal discomfort that I am lying awake most nights. It's not sharp pain -- it's a dull ache in the mid to upper right side of my abdomen. If I roll over or even lean on that side, though, I feel very nauseous and sometimes even throw up.

No matter how tired I am, the discomfort and nausea will wake me up if I roll over onto my left side or if anything touches that area. Is this more than just an annoyance and something I should call my gastro-enterologist about? Or is this common and will something simple help? I've tried taking heartburn chewables like Tums before bed but that doesn't do much.
I would tell the Gastroenterologist..There may be relief available.
Yes, I made an appointment. Unfortunately, the earliest I can be seen is the first week in August, sigh, and that's with the PA. I noticed some inflammation over the area yesterday.
You really need the GI doctor.  It does sound like a flare up of your chrons.  Try taking the over the counter pain reliever percagesic.  You can find it USA Drug and lots of smaller drug stores.  I no longer can find it at Wal-mart.

It is a great pain reliever and doesn't hard liver or stomach.

Jayne