Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Swollen lynth nodes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Swollen lynth nodes

Can you get swollen lynth nodes from  crohns????? thanks
Can you write a second post with a little bit more information in it, please?  Include what medications you're taking.

I'm wondering because depending on what Crohn's medications you're using, you have a higher risk for developing lymphoma.  Many Crohn's medications also work by suppressing your immune system, which I understand could also cause some swelling in your lymph nodes.  Also, you are at easier risk to get sick; maybe you have a cold or virus that is making your lymph nodes act up.  Are you having any other symptoms?

Also, which lymph nodes are swollen?
Well this is my situation m8.

LAst 3 months ive had loads of probs

Rapid weight loss over 10 days went from 19 stone to 16 stone (muscley build)
Bleeding from rectum
narrow stools
Constant abdominal Pain
Joint pain
My weight since then has gone back up to 18 stone.
Pain around liver and back area

Ive had few tests  

Abdominal xray
Chest xray
Sigmoidoscopy
Barium meal
Barium Enema
Full abdominal ultrasound
Loads different blood test (HIV  hep diabeties Lft  etc etc)
camera down throat  endoscope
pain under my armpits  (itching pain)

All normall. my doctor saying it MAYBE crohns, he said if it was cancer they would of spotted someting with all them tests
The lynth node is under my right arm pit, althougth the pain is in both
Hmmm... this is all very troubling. You have been through quite a lot!

Crohn's is an autoimmune disease that can affect any part of your immune system.  If your immune system is being compromised, I could understand the swelling of your lymph nodes (I am surprised to hear it is the lymph nodes in the armpit - I was expecting either lower in the torso or in the neck.)  However, there are other autoimmune diseases you could have instead of Crohn's.  Joint pain could indicate rheumatoid arthritis (another autoimmune disease).

As for your abdominal pain and rectal bleeding, there can be many different reasons for this.  Bright red, fresh looking blood is more likely to be from ulcerative colitis, polyps, fissures or hemorrhoids - the blood is coming from a location close to the rectum.  Blood from up in the small intestines, where Crohn's resides, shows up as really dark or black and can make the stool tar-like.

Ulcerative colitis, which is exactly like Crohn's only it takes place in the colon instead of the small intestine, would also cause your abdominal pain.

Good luck on figuring out what is going on with you.  It must be very frustrating, but keep fighting the good fight!
i think the sigmoidoscopy has rul;ed out UC as it checks that side of colon wer UC is. the blood i was geetting was bright red, not PIles or fisures there either :(
Sigmoidoscopy doesn't go deep enough into the intestine especially if Crohn's is suspected.  You will want a colonoscopy which goes to the duodenum (where the small intestine meets the large intestine).  Did they check white blood cell count?  Get a colonoscopy because that will also rule out colon cancer.  If you're doctor doesn't do the colonoscopy find another doctor.  GOOD LUCK!
thanks for your reply m8,
They basically saying that barium meal and barium enema would noticed cancer and crohns . the pain now seems to be over my liver and back,  it takes ages to c a doctor etc im sick of being tired all the time, my joints hurt aswell,
Ive noticed that my food is defo not digesting much at all, when i checked my stool , i c that my food is still all formed.
I cant even do alot hours in work as im always tired, my family seem to be getting sick of me moaning about it, as doctotra cant find anything wrong, but im constantly feeling pain, i really dont no what else to do :(:(
Please find another doctor... Barium meal/enema doesn't always catch problems.  It took a colonoscopy to find the inflammation and cryptits in my duodenum where as when barium (both upper and lower gi series) didn't find anything.  You may also want to see and endocrinologist.  Since you're passing undigested food it could be an enzyme problem.  Good luck.
OMG, i have been having the exact same symptoms since spring 2009!! can you post if you  have any updates on your condition please?
probiotics may help with the breaking down of food also the kind of food you eat may be part of the problem.  Possibly a wheat or dairy allergy may exist.  Go a whole month without eating wheat see if it helps.  It will take that long to see a change.  Further investigation with food allergies may help shed light on this problem your having.
A couple of weeks ago, i began to get diarrhea, then a fever. I had extreme bloating with lots of gurgling and rumbling. After a few days with these symptoms I got a pain on my right side below my rib cage and lower back. I went to ER, and they ran lots of tests. I had elevated white blood cell count, liver enzyme elevated, kidney stones (2) passing, gallstones, and UTI. I have a colonoscopy scheduled, but am terrified I have cancer...could this be Crohn's. are related?