Taking Asacol before a colonscopy
I am taking Asacol and prednisone for ulterative colitis and will undergo a colonscopy in about a week.  Is it advisable to temporarily stop taking these drugs before a colonscopy and if so, when
When I had my colonoscopy, I had the instructions to stop all medications containing blood thinners and the like for 5 days before the procedure. Other medications I was taking at the time, I simply asked as was advised by my Dr. of the time which ones to discontinue. If you have any questions as to when you should stop medications before undergoing the procedure, and you have not already otherwise been instructed as to when to stop or if, I would give your Dr. who ordered the colonoscopy a call. I am not completely sure what the medications you are taking do, but the reason they like to have you off the medications you are on, is to get a really clear picture as to what is going on in your colon and how bad things are or aren't. Best wishes, I hope things go well for you!