Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
The smell

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

The smell

My husband has Crohn's.  And lately he has been really sick.  He started back on the Sulfasalizine.  He has an odor of rotten meat around him all the time.  We have spent many hours in the ER with sever abdominal pain and fevers.  The said he had an ilius and not to worry.  The smell just won't go away.  Is this something to worry about?  
I used to take that years ago, but I never experienced that "smell".  It sounds odd.  They are telling you that the odor is from the ilius?  Has he changed his diet lately?  Are they giving him steroids for the pain and fevers?