Weird bowel issues.
I am a 30 yr old male. About six months ago I came down with a horrible intestinal virus(what the docs thought although testing my stool didn't find c diff as they supposed it to be) I had horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea for three weeks. I had no blood in my stool but there was mucus. They put me on several antibiotics and the diarrhea finally went away, although my stool hasn't been the same since. Since it has always been much softer and sometimes lighter in color but no diarrhea or pain.( also at the time I was diagnosed with high bp and have since been on lisinopril) anyway about four days ago I started having some really soft stools that developed into bad diarrhea and cramps. Then two nights ago I vomitted and there was some red blood almost like a clot that I pooped out. So I went to the er. They told me it was a bug that was going around that is nasty. I havent had blood since but still have cramps and mild diarrhea. Anyway I was wondering what the chances are that this could be related to colorectal cancer( I have no family history of it.) or another serious issue?  My GP and the ER doctors seem to think it was a bug both times. Any advise would be great.
Hi there!

This does not sound like cancer or a serious issue, which would present with other symptoms as well; beside cancer unlikely in the age group and infection/ inflammation is a more likely possibility.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Mucus in the stool is often caused by Candida albicans, a fungus. The fungus feeds on antibiotics. Did the doctors ever identify the infectious agent?