What have I got?
Hey guys I recently had a colonoscopy which came back with mild proctitis. Biopsies were taken which were consistent with "mild IBD". No one can seem to tell me though if it is UC or Chron's because the colonoscopy was only showing the mild proctitis in the rectum area. The GI doc has put me on foam enema meds. Can I just have proctitis without UC or Chron's? Is there any way this can go away with the meds? Very confused as to what I have and the Dr is quite unsure it seems too.
Hi!
Proctitis can be caused by inflammatory bowel disease. IBD and more importantly IBS (inflammatory bowel syndrome) is diagnosed by ruling out Crohn’s and UC. So, if you do not have either you have IBS. Also, you need to rule out the possibility of a STD causing proctitis. Please clarify with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.