anal itching
I have been suffering for 3 months with a rash, which I saw my doctor for. She prescribed creams. Said I did not have hemmoroids.  I did not benefit from the creams. I would bathe, dry off, apply the creams, go to bed and continue to itch even more. So I switched to taking only showers and while that was better, I condintued to have the anal itching. I am in physical therapy and doing physical therapy for some urinary incontinence, and also for the anus to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles being told that I have a prolapse to my uterus slightly.  Also need to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles. I used to go spinning and wore bike shorts for that, but always end of quitting since I have this issue with anal itching. I am overweight but never had this problem before. I am age 63.  Do take asthma medications, restless leg pill at night and an anxiety pill to help me to sleep. Still I have anal itching and feel that my elimination of eating bread, and adding bran an bananas (fiber) to my diet has not helped my stools to become firmer. They are thin, narrow, and loose.  Like I never complete a bowel movement, but since they are soft it is hard to be sure. I am overwiping to be sure that I am clean. This of course makes my anus itch more. I am getting so tired of this condition. I had a clean colonoscopy a couple of years ago. No polyps.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dietary causes, GI infections (viral/ bacterial/ fungal/ parasitic), inflammations, allergic reactions, erosions, ulcers etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan. Meanwhile you could try some OTC anti-pruritic creams for symptomatic relief. I would also suggest getting the rash evaluated for by a dermatologist and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!