Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
asacol drug.
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

asacol drug.

hi there,
i was diagnosed with mild ucerative colitis in march 2011. i was prescribed asacol 2x 400mg, 3 times a day for two weeks. after this time i was also diagnosed with CKD at stage 3a with a GFR of 53 and a creatinine clearance of 87.14ml/min.

i took asacol again for one month at a reduced rate of 1x 400mg, 3 times a day (3-4 tablets recommended for prevention of relapse).

then i stopped taking it for 2 months.

i took asacol again at 1x400mg, 2 times a day for 2 months. (3-4 tablets recommended for prevention of relapse)

then i stopped taking it for 31/2 months.

i took asacol again at 2x 400mg tablets, 3 times a day for 2 weeks only.

i have stopped taking it from that time. even though the dosage was only taken for short periods with breaks, can i still take the asacol for my condition.