colonoscopy question
I will try and be brief with this.  I have had Crohns for 16years now and have my third stricture in my small intestine.  I also have had alot of issues in my stomach lately and they have found crohns in my stomach now as well.  I went for a colonoscopy yesturday and they couldn't reach my small intestine because my large intestine was to narrow to fit the camera.  I had my last colonoscopy 5 years ago and they were able to get through.  What would cause the large bowel to now be narrowed I have never had any issues in my large bowel.  Has anyone else ever had this happen.  I was just wondering if this is the start of more stricture or is this normal.  Anyone please any answer would be better then nothing.  It just doesn't sound normal for it to be to narrow now when it never was before. It sounds like I have a bigger issue then we thought.  My stricture is right at the end of the large bowel and start of the small bowel.
I am waiting for an MRI and then they need to make the final decision on whether I have my third surgery or they start me on Remicade.  I don't respond to oral medications they just make me very, very sick.
A colonoscopy is a test that only exams your large intestines and not the small intestines.  There are many reason why they could not get the scope through the colon, such as inflammation, severe ucleration,  twisted colon or mucus impact. I had to get put to sleep because my entire colon was filled with mucus and so badly diseased and it was removed.

If you Crohn's disease as developed in your stomach than you may want to research on the best treatment plan because your immune health is comprised when the disease spreads through other areas of your digestive tract.  Also may want to learn more about Remicade, it's been considered a link to possibly increasing strictures.

Hope this helps.

Debra