complications post j pouch surgery
I am living with J pouch  10 years, maintaining on Cipro to prevent poouchitis  which is working well. I am symptom free, however,  I recently found blood in urine (via urine test, not visible).  Doc is ordering 24 hour urine, I was wondering if anyone had similr occurrence of stones or calcifications in urine?  Is it due to poor absorpstion of water?
I have had my pouch 16 years without any issues.  Hope it is a quick and easy fix for you.
Thanks for your input.  Glad to hear you are doing so well!  Are you on any antibiotic?  I also take the VSL#3 probiotic.  Will be getting report end of week.   Should be minor, dont anticipate any big problems.  Regular blood work and check up is fine, otherwise.
No, I don't take antibiotics.  Twice in the 16 years my GP thought I might have pouchitis and put me on rounds of Cipro and Flagyl but I don't think I had it.  What happens when you don't take the antibiotics?  That seems such a long time to be on them.
Could you possibly have a UTI??