Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
constant bathroom breaks
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constant bathroom breaks

I was diagnosed almost a week ago with infectious colitis and gallstones. I'm taking my meds and I'm eating nonfat to try and give my gallbladder a break. I'm still struggling with the diarrhea and now I'm suffering from minor vaginal itching/pain, could my constant wiping be the cause of this new development? Thank you for any help.
Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. Are you on antibiotics right now, and if so, which one(s)? It's possible you might have a yeast infection, though like you say, you could have an irritation.

Have you been eating nonfat yogurt that says it's got "live and active cultures"? If not, I would definitely start doing that a couple of times a day to help get the good bacteria back in balance. Another thing I would drink is a cultured flvored milk product called Kefir; you can get it in a nonfat or low fat variety. Also, I would ask your doctor if it is OK for you to take a probiotic pill if you're not already on one (like Culturelle or Florajen 3--not regular Florajen).

Hopefully, you do not have Clostridium Difficile (C. Diff.) infection. People that have colitis are more prone to getting it.

Good luck,
Yvette

Blank
Ulcerative Colitis questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources