Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
crohns

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

crohns

I was recently diagnosed with crohns disease.  I am currently on prednisone and pentassa.  I started pentassa a few days ago and I have had alot of pressure in my vaginal and anal area.  Is this a normal feeling?  I also have started to have a mucus like discharge coming from my anal area ever since I started taking the prednisone.  I never had this problem prior to taking the medicine.  Is this normal?  I asked my doctor and he said that it will eventually stop.  Can you help me?
  • Humira (74 replies):
    Has anyone been on Humira and what kind of result did yo...[more]
  • Humira for U.C.? (2 replies):
    Is anyone taking Humira for their ulcerative colitis?
  • Humira (1 replies):
    Anyone take Humira for Chrohns and develop High blood pr...[more]
  • Humira (8 replies):
    Has anyone used or is using Humira to treat Crohn's dise...[more]
  • has anyone had humira (1 replies):
    I stopped the humira after being on it a year and 5 week...[more]
the pressure sounds familiar; i also have experienced a strange spasming during bm's, which caused by bladder to be unable to empty; it is awful, but it can happen. as for the mucus, i've been getting that on & off for 3 years; i'm not on meds anymore & it hasn't stopped. i think it's the beast letting you know it's there! in my opinion, it is normal; it's the infection, & when you start meds, it probably works to eliminate it. it should go down after a while. i don't know about stopping because my situation is different. just so you know, you may experience things that are not mentioned anywhere in the info on crohn's. don't know why; it seems like we all experience certain things & not others. and when you ask your dr, he may tell you he's not aware of a certain symptom, but it doesn't mean it's not crohn's.  now that you know you have this, you'll need to pay close attention to what you eat & what it does to you. i get very intense pain when i eat fatty foods but it doesn't last long & surprizingly enough, it's just caused by gas. it often stabs you in the ribs & you can't breath in, but it goes away. wishing you the best of health, & take care
I have had crohn's for 20 years. Tried everything under the sun. In March Humira was approved for crohn's. It was initially for RA. Nothing has ever really helped me as far as meds, I choose diet & positive thinking. I got saminela (spelling????chicken yuk, ya know) So it really flared up the crohn's. The humira is amazing!!!! I love it. It is a shot you give yourself every 2 wks. That simple!!! Ask your gastro about it. It's very expensive though.... but worth it! If I can help at all just ask, I have had 5 surgeries, spent weeks in the hospital, almost died from hemrageing (spellig) and I know it won't kill me. I know alot about the stuff. It sux. Like my dr. said..."it won't kill you, you'll just wish you were dead!" You absolutely have to stay positive!!!!!!! Best Medicine, and stay very active, don't let it get you down.