crp and sed rate in crohn's
I am curious about the relationship between sed rate and c-reactive protein.  I was diagnosed with Crohn's ileitis (very mild) in 2002.  In the past year, I was also diagnosed with spinal arthritis related to the Crohn's.  My sed rate has always been normal (10 to 15); it has never been high, even in a flare.  My c-reactive protein levels are always elevated (around 5 or 6 when I'm having no symptoms, 40+ when I'm in a flare or having arthritis pain).  I have taken Asacol and Azulfadine off and on since 2002.  Even on medication, my crp levels stay between 5 and 6; they never go any lower.  

I got the impression from the doctor that there is generally a relationship between crp and sed rate - that crp shows that something inflammatory is going on right now and that sed rate has some lag - that it takes a while for sed rate to come up after inflammation starts.  Why has my sed rate never been high?  Should I worry about cardiovascular disease considering that I am never going to have a crp level less than 1?  I am an otherwise healthy 36-yr old female - I exercise and eat right.  When I ask the doctor, he isn't concerned and doesn't really have an answer why crp would always be elevated with no corresponding elevation of sed rate.