Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
dont know what to do

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

dont know what to do

Something is wrong with my body, for the last 2 years i have had full body pain. Its a deep pain that just knocks me down, i cant handle it no more. I been taking tylenol, but it doesnt help no more, the "hotspots" are mainly my legs, back, and my guts. I also have been pooping out black sticky poop, and later in the day its always diarhea (diarrhea) but the diarhea (diarrhea) looks like flesh and is always accompanied by blood, my intestines hurt unbearably and my legs. But when i am pooping my back feels like someone is punching through me. In the morning I am very stiff and sore and it just gets worse and i feel very fatigued. I dont know what to do no more. I cant handle it, please help me, I am a father of 6 and sole provider i have to be able to go on, but i feel like i am not gonna make it. The muscle pain everyday is unbearable, i mean it feels like I am dying.
You really need to be seen by a gastro doctor.  There is hope.  It does sound like you might have an inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis.  As a result of that you may be dehydrated and likely anemic.  Your potassium will also be down.  Immediately increase your intake of high potassium foods like potatoes and bananas and add some gatorade.  Eliminate alcohol, caffiene (as much as you can), sugar and high fiber foods and increase your intake of oats, rice and smooth applesauce.  This is a temporary change to help your system calm down and to slow down your stools.  Try taking a magnesium supplement which along with the potassium diet change will help with the muscle pain.  Take some immodium to slow down your stools and pick up some iron pills and take those.  Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen for pain - stay with tylenol.  

You need a colonoscopy to diagnose and then they will put you on a treatment plan to improve your health.  Feel free to PM me at any time.  I've been there and my son has been there.  It will get better.

I wouldnt start taking anything till I saw a doc about it you could change you diet before hand to try and help the pain. I had major pain for years like that a could not leave the house because of it until I learnt what food were right and wrong for me.  you do need to talk to your doctor about it that is clear there is something wrong that needs to be attended to.

best of luck.
Maybe, i am in the wrong categorie, because the main problem os my back and legs, they hurt bad all the time, ive tryed everything under the sun, i dont know if the gastr problems are related but they are fairly new compared to the leg pain, it gets so bad that i cant even walk sometimes, but i just have to get up and trudge on, the only reason is the kids. I have tryed potassium and even cut on the caffeine. I drink a vitamin supplement just about every day now, but that is new also. It help with energy but doesnt help with the pain. I seen a doctor here in town 2 years ago over it, and he said he thinks it could be osteoarthritis, sent me to get an X ray, but soon after our town had a flood that destroyed our hospitals e room and xray, basically the whole first floor. You can google it Columbus Indiana 2008 flood. So anyways i didnt get the xray because i had to go to hospital, it was through volunteers in medicine, and kinda just said screw it since because it takes a month to get an appointment or more, and then it takes longer to get an xray appointment. I seriuosly think it is Fibromyalgia because i hit all the symptoms but one and thats migraines. It even has IBS symptoms, but the more i look at it online the more i am disheartened because they say it takes a long time to diagnose it and it is through exclusion, and also that some doctors dont believe it to be a disease. And the major problem is everytime i go into volunteers in med they treat me like I am a Hypochondriac, or sometimes even tell me that "I am the doctor let me tell you whats wrong with you". I have been there at least 10 times or more in the last 6 years or so, and only once have they not tryed to prescribe me prozac. anyways thanks for listening. Ross
I have had ulcerative colitis which was cured with surgery, and currently have fibromyalgia and developing lupus.  What you are describing in your bowels doesn't sound like IBS - with IBS you can get pain and diarrhea but the black stools are an indicator of bleeding in your upper digestive tract and the flesh stuff is likely mucus.  This sounds like either ulcerative colitis or crohn's.  You really really need to have a colonoscopy and get it treated.  Left untreated it can be life threatening.  Please promise you will do this.  If you have to, take a stool sample with you to the doctor so they believe you that something is going on.

Your body pain does sound like fibromyalgia.  Yes, doctors hate it when we say I think I have this.  I have found I get a better result when I ask them to please rule out such and such.  

Please let me know how you do.