Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
how do i help my son..
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how do i help my son..

god help me, my son has been sick with chrohns since i researched it and his fathers family and his symptoms, i believed chrohns is what he had.  I called my daughter in law, had her,  call the hosp, get a gastro spec, near their area in fl, get him an emergency appt if possible.  Thank god she did exactly that.  The doctor got him in the next day, hes now 22 this was in 2009.  I flew down, the doctor did the scope and took 9 biopsies, confirmed crohns.  In his initial exam of my son he said, he believed i may be right about it being crohns.  Now, hes loosing weight again, has no appetite, takes few bites and just cant make his self swallow it.....has diareaha several times a day. Mood swings, solid muscle but still loosing weight.  Hes so very young, and this started when he was about 16,,,,but we didnt know why and they had been trying to think it was just something like std.  He was very offended by that knowing what he was going through and the pain.  Ive never felt so helpless..........im trying to find any home remidies, immune supressers, weight gain but not all muscle,,,,,,,,i guess thats my question, what natural type of something,,,can i find or combination that would help with these symptoms, diahrea, weight loss, loss of appetite, mood swings,,,,again, hes now 22 and has an upcoming appt with his gastroentoligist to change medications, hes had 4 most common already with steroids different times..just seems needs another angle maybe extra suplements of some kind you could recomend???   Thank You so much....my heart breaks for my son to go through this wish i could take his place,,heart borken in oh...