information
32 yr old male, non smoker or drinker. Have been treated in past for GERD and IBS. Last few months have had loose stool and cramping some 3-5 times a day. nothing worked for GERD and Levisin was no good for stool. I had endoscopy w/bio and showed not problems. Has flexible sig and showed np problems. All blood is good including Sed Rate and CRP. Stool test had no problems or blood. Just had CT with contrast of ab area and waiting on results. I asked doctor to look for Crohns.  Would you recommend another test to look for Crohns?Thyroid also was normal.
good luck but to tell you im new to this my husband had all those symptoms for quite awhile, but his cramping was very painfull bend over hold belly pains. his stools were allnot loose but watery. almost all the times and he went about 4-6 times a day. hope you feel better good luck
If they have performed a biopsy and tested your sed rate and those were normal, you most likely do not have crohn's. I have crohn's and I have had diarrhea probably 6 or more times a day for almost two years now.  They tell me that it is not my crohn's because i have been in remission for about 4 years now.  You can have symptoms similar to crohn's and it still not be crohn's...even if you have been diagnosed with crohn's!  It's all a bit confusing.  My doctor finally gave me an antibiotic called xifaxin that you take for about a week.  It is prescribed for "traveller's diarrhea", which really just means that you may have picked up an organism somewhere that is still hanging out in your gut.  Let me warn you:  this medicine causes LOTS of pain and cramping.  It makes you feel like you have to run to the bathroom, but you don't.  Weird.  It may be worth a try for you, though.  It's a lot less expensive and troublesome than having a bunch of tests run!