Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
kind of reliefed but now just need to know what now to do
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kind of reliefed but now just need to know what now to do

i find out today the for 18 years i been told i have crohns. which i dont i have colitis and celiac sprue. need to know what i can do with the meds to make my life better. if anyone knows what i can eat and not eat for both of these will help me out alot thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1974283_tn?1328326848
I'm sorry to hear you had to wait 18 years to find out.

Are you in a flare? And celiac sprue? Does that mean you are sensitive to wheat products?

If so, I would look into gluten free products with low fibre. White rice and chicken is always easy on the stomach. Gluten free products don't always taste the best so I would suggest looking for recipes online that catch your interest.

I have been in a flare for about 8 years. Since I first got sick.. I eat mainly what normal/healthy people would call "childrens food". White rice, chicken, little veggies and fruits since they have so much fibre. I you're not sensitive to dairy I would start really loving yogurt. It helps with the probiotics.

I can't stress enough on this gluten free diet either. Gluten often causes a lot of problems with colitis even without have celiac problems. Look into it. Ask your doctor is you could maybe speak to a dietition. GOOGLE is your best friend, I swear.
Blank
yes a very bad one cant move much. n sensitive to gluten n I a very sensitive to dairy. makes me hurt bad n sometimes I throw up from a sip of milk.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...