medication
Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a pain free day! I was just put on sulfasalazine, and was wondering if anybody here is, or has been on it? Appreciate all responses.  Thanks, lovemycats
speaking for my wife who has crohns for over 20+ years, she has been on sulfer drugs... they were a bandaide, and like all other medications causes other issues.  She doesnt/cant take prednisone because of eye pressure issues and potential for glaucomo and loss of vision from too much prednisone.  Medication wise... she is now taking Cimzea once a month and that is it.  She took Remicaid for 8 years and that kept her in remission but caused terrible joint pains and seriously supressed her immune system.  Cimzea is another TNF type drug that also supresses the immune sysytem...  we are having other related issues and are looking at Holistic type treatments for the future.  

All medications seem to help with the crohns but develop other side effects that are sometimes just as bad as a flair.  Best advise- meds affect everyone differently, if you start having adverse reactions, don't wait to seek your doctor out and look at other meds...

good luck!