my baby is sick with chrons
my daughter was diagnosed with chrons in april 2012, we have seemed to control it with diet and a small amount of antiinflatrys but a week ago i had to take her to hospital as she was vomiting every time she ate, every 2 hours for 4 days ad lost 4 kilo in three days she has spent a week in hospital and now they have given her steriods presnadone, anibiotics mezalenene and flaggy, i dont really know wat these drugs are and dont like to give her this stuff, plus she has started vomiting just once every morning since she bin on them and im wondering if they are all a bit too much, before gzi got chrons we never took antibiotics, never even had to go to docters, i do beleive diet helps alot and since she got sick of the food i was giving her she went down hill, its understandable as she is 16 and just wants to have fun like all the other kids. gzi is a talented beautiful girl, check out her song on u tube gzi wisdom black and gold, i try to keep her out in the world and help her record music and give her some hope that she can still do things, but my question is about these drugs and how they may have affected other people. i also found a docter in melbourne who has had a high success rate with curing chrons his name is dr vagif u can checkhim out on u tube, any info on these drugs would be great. thanks jade
My son was diagnosed six years ago.  He is 12 yrs old now.  Our experience is that a Crohn's patient will default to a diet that hurts the least and makes them feel the best.  In my son's case, he basically eats a low residue diet.  I'll never meet all of his nutritional needs, but it is better than watching him eat nothing at all!

Try everything you can to make your daughter feel better and heal her body.  Keep in mind that Crohn's is a very personal disease.  What works for one person may or may not work for another.  Don't let that discourage you.

Remicade was the first medication that helped control my son's pain.  It was not able to control his disease, and neither has Humira.  We do our best to maintain a sense of humor and keep moving forward.  Our next stop may be Tysabri...deep breath..."scary" has become part of our normal.

Best wishes for you and your daughter.