Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
right side pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

right side pain

I see a lot of statements about pain on the left side.  Is pain EVER on the  right side
Avatar n tn
Chrons can be on the lower right side when it is in the small intestine.  It could also be you appendix.
My pain is on my right feels like under my rib cage but I have a pain on the left that is not as bad, your intestines runs on both sides and can affect any part of the abdomen

good luck
My pain is almost ALWAYS on the right side, especially tender to the touch on the right side.  It has always been like that.  I have "Indeterminate Colitis" after about 7 years since being diagnosed, but a lot longer since it started, but he says he believes it is Crohn's, just won't call it until he is 100% convinced.
I had ulcerative colitis for many years and had my large bowel removed and a J-pouch built.  I am now having pains on my right side.  My doctor is worried I have Crohn's and he says that it often initially manifests on the right side in the area where the small colon joins the large.  I do hope you are getting checked out.  It is not something you want to leave untreated.
I was recently diagnosed with Colitis, but I've had symptoms for about five years. When I was younger, I would have pain that centered around my right side. It was so severe I would have to walk with a hunch, because standing straight or expanding my stomach would make me want to vomit. The steroids (the only oral medication I was responding too) are wearing off and I am now having that pain again. I believe it is the area where the large and small intestine join, and can be infected if you have Colitis or Crohns.
I was just diagnosed with Crohn's and colitis.  I have had a pain on my right side for 2 years now.  It's right under my rib cage and sometimes it goes around to my back.  I don't see any connection to the pain and anything I eat.  I'm waiting to see what, if any, medication they will put me on.
Yes.  I have had Crohn's disease for 36 years.  all my pain started on the right side. In the Illieum. This is where the small intestine meets the large and where I had to have my first surgery.  Turns out the pain was an indication of scar tissue and narrowing of the intestine along with inflamed areas.  Once removed the pain subsided.  Might be the same area/problem.
OR Appendix !!!   Either way, nothing to mess around with. Go to a gastroenterologist  ASAP

Best of luck.

Kim