searching for colorectal surgeon in boston area
I am on a mission for my big sister who has a VERY severe case of crohn's she has been through surgery after surgery for the past 15 years and will be celebrating her 35th birthday in the next couple of months. She had a temporary bag put in and has just gone in for another surgery to be told that there is too much damage and they recommend removing the colon and having a perminant bag. The surgeon recommended that she get a second opinion and she is looking to find the 'BEST" colorectal surgeon she can in hopes that they can repair her without the need to have a perminant bag, at least now..Is there anyone from around the Boston area that has been through a similar situation and can recommend a surgeon? We also just lost my dad very unexpectedly less then 2 months ago and she is already soooo depressed. I want to try to do anything I can to help her! Thank you!!!!
Hey Jenn- Lahey Clinic in Burlington and Peabody has colorectal specialist who are also part of American soceity of colon and rectal surgeons. Phone number for appt is 781-744-5527
For Crohns disease the site does pull you to a Gastro provider so, she will probably need to explain her situation and they will set her up with whichever specialty fits her best.