second surgery for reversal of Ostomy
Dec. 7th, 2009, went to the E.R. with severe pains on the right side of my belly.  I was scheduled for emergency surgery at 3:00am on Dec. 8th.  I had a perforated colon, and had it taken out and a stoma put in.  On April 12th of this year I went in for the reversal, the surgery started almost 8 hrs. late.  After having no gas or bowel movements and going crazy for about 5 days from the medication ativan, they did the barium thing on May 13th, and surgery again on May 14th and the entire small intestine was blocked, this rather lengthly surgery finally did the job and I was released from the hospital on May 26th, this year.  Now, Aug. 30th, I am having the same pains on the right side of my belly and it is getting worse every hour.  I am probably going to go to the ER this afternoon, just to be safe.
I feel the doctor really botched the reversal surgery and did not take the time to make sure the other plumbling was working prior to closing.  Has this happened to anyone else and do the the doctors normally check the plumbling, especially the small intestine during the reversal surgery.  Any imput would be appreciated.