Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
uc and normal colonoscopy
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

uc and normal colonoscopy

11/08, I was diagnosed with UC from colonoscopy and biopsy.  Asacol helped the pain and eliminating certain things from my diet.  I constantly have severe pain & blood. A 2nd colonoscopy was done 5/09 which was normal.  My new GI doctor stated that I was misdiagnosed, took the Asacol away, & dx me with IBS.  I read on Oxford medicine journal that UC in remission can show as a normal colonoscopy.  It said that this doesn't mean the patient does not have UC but that they are in remission.  I am scared of what will happen without the Asacol as I had severe, crippling pain with it.  Does anyone know if that is true?  Can you in fact have a normal colonoscopy with UC if you are in remission?