Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
ulcer

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

ulcer

signs of an ulcer and the effects of ulcer and alcohol
About 15 years ago, an Australian doctor proved that ulcers are caused by bacteria that burrow into our stomach wall and remain until it is ready to cause pain. The doctor drank a cup-full of the bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, and soon shocked the medical world when he was diagnosed with the ulcer from the same cup of bacteria he drank. If you know or suspect you have an ulcer, a doctor can test your breath in a ballon that reacts with a substance that can be positive for an ulcer. A simple blood test will confirm the ulcer. I was in a study that used specific medication, an acid fighter and antibiotic, and my ulcer was healed in two to three weeks. I have been taken Prilosec, 20 mg( and like medication),once a day for 15 years. Different brands of Prilosec-like medication has always tamed my once-ulcer. I take one Prilosec a day just to make sure I have no acid build-up. I do not drink daily, but I have not noticed any problem with my stomach if I drink. Check-it-out!

Harrald
There are many kinds ulcers,such as aphthous ulcer ,duodenal ulcer ,peptic ulcers ,oral ulcer etc.
Peptic Ulcer is an open sore with distinct borders on the inside lining of the mucus layer of stomach and/or duodenal. The most common symptom is pain in the upper abdomen.The types of peptic ulcers include gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer and esophageal ulcer. Endoscopy can aid accurate diagnosis.Acupuncture treatment is notably effective in treating peptic ulcer..