ulcer
does anyone get genital ulcers with crohns? been tested for hsv1 and 2 both are negative as well as other stds. seeing my gi tomorrow. i have had colitis for 15 years. in the past 8 years i have gotten 1 ulcer on my vulva 4 times. in reading about crohns i found that some men and woman do report genital ulcers. Just wanted to know if this is true and has anyone ever had this symptom.
Hi!
Yes, though rare, it is possible to get vulval ulcer with Crohn’s. Ulcers in this area are usually due to syphilis, herpes, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, and lymphogranuloma inguinale. Hence a STD panel should be undertaken which includes these STDs. There is another possibility—an allergic reaction to something (cream, lotion, razor, soap, tampon, sanitary pad). Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
i have been tested for herpes and syphilis. both negative. how do i get tested for the other 3 if the ulcer is no longer present? is there a blood test for thoses as well?