Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
ulcerative colitis pain left side

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

ulcerative colitis pain left side

hi im29yrs old woman have been diagnosed withh ulcerative colitis over a year ago have been takin my medication and all was goin great then i started to get blood in my stool again and severe pain in my left side after every time after i ate something i have still been eating as normal even do it causeing so much pain but have lost a stone in weight in2months and my doctor is sending me for a colonoscopy but its not for over a month.jus wondering anyone out there experience anything like this and could put my mind at easy or is there anything i can do to stop the pain.please help thanks
Hey annieg81.
Welcome to the forum.

I know what you are going through.
As a parent of a sufferer (UC and Candida) I have felt all the pain
and the suffering through my heart!
My daughter  -23- opted not to take the traditional medical approach.
She's totally against drugs, as she understands that they only
treat the symptoms- at best- with the possibility of all the side effects.
And she hates anything invasive!
Honestly, with all her multiple and constant symptoms,  I didn't expect her to gather so much determination and courage to fight this.
Now -about 18 months since that decision- she's able to "function" ( with some acceptable limitations) in society.
The key things that worked for her:
1 Connected with a good Naturopathic Doctor for advice.
Note: There's always a concern with "Professional Bias" even with N.D.s   This exists everywhere. It is worse with traditional medicine. The patients need to become very knowledgeable and do very thorough research on their conditions. That's the only way to stay on top of it. And being proactive is necessary to achieve better results.

2. Went on the "GAPS" diet, combined with Candida diet. Very effective, with results in just a few weeks. So please do a search for this.
I must warn you though, it is very tough to adhere to such a strict nutritional plan. Without support from friends and family, I don't know how some people do it!  

3 COCONUT OIL. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It has been a life saver for her.
It is the main fat she consumes. It is anti fungal, anti parasitic, anti viral, anti protozoic,
antimicrobial. It is stable in higher temperatures- ideal for cooking- unlike all the other oils
that are unstable when used in cooking and become inflammatory in the body.
Look it up. Just go to the coconut research center website.

4. Energy Psychotherapy. This type of therapy facilitates the re-balancing of your
   Energy flow. Physical and emotional structures are held in the body because of
   Energetic Imbalances. Once the balance is restored, then true healing can start.
   ( U.C. besides bringing on a lot of stress in ones life, has a significant psychological
    and mental component, because of the physiological implications in the brain.
    Research GAPS for this.

5. High quality supplementation. Because of a very compromised digestive and G.I.
   system, delivery of nutrients from food and supplements is poor.
   Transdermal delivery where possible is recommended.
   Make sure of the safety of anything you take. Read the labels very carefully.
   Choose a very good naturopathic doctor to sort out all the details.
   Specializing in digestive and G.I disorders would be preferable.
   Prebiotics and prebiotics ( as long as the ingredients are safe ) would also be recommended.
   Check krysalis.net for more options for element/nutrient delivery. Very interesting
   approach.

I really hope that some of this will help you.
The majority of the U.C.sufferers I have talked to, regardless of their medical treatments,
have a very hard time  with their conditions.
So if you have any questions regarding my daughter's protocol,
please do not hesitate to post again. She's away now, studying holistic health
at a private College, but I could convey to her any questions you may have,
that I wouldn't be able to answer myself.
Blessings
Nikodicreta

Hey annieg81.
Welcome to the forum.

I know what you are going through.
and the suffering through my heart!
And she hates anything invasive!
The key things that worked for her:

Research GAPS for this.

approach.

Blessings
Nikodicreta

thannk you so much for all the information your very kind.i totally agree if the tablets arent working whats the point in taking them and will now look into natural suppliments as didnt realise you could take them on there own.glad your daughter is doing well, i was doing great for the last year until recently so hopefully it wil settle again.thanks again