vulval Crohn's
I have had Crohn's for 43 yrs, small intestine and colon. Had hemi-colectomy last part of small intestine first part of colon 3 yrs ago.  Recently had vulvar problems and have had 4 diagnoses: 1: Bartholin's abscess and thrush - so wrong, had these yrs ago and new problem nothing like.  2: Lichen Sclerosus, prescribed dermovate. 3. Crohn's of the vulva - had colposcopy and biopsy.  4. Histology shows " pre-cancerous vulval VIN (vulval intra-epithelial neoplasia.  I had the "abnormal tissue" resected under local anaethesia and stitched. Still got the problem of extreme soreness and itching, skin very red and sore with a small dark brown lesion at entrance to the vagina surrounded by a white ring which looks like infection.  My gastro says Crohn's can affect any organ in the body, not just the gastric tract - gynaecologist now says it is precancerous VIN. Waiting for an appt with gynae to explain!
Does anyone have experience of this problem?
Hi!
Well, VIN can occur due to lichen sclerosis or due to HPV or due to HSV-2 (herpes simplex type 2). If any of these are present then you can have persistent inflammation and soreness. If the biopsy you underwent showed increased lymphocytes, keratosis, atrophy of the  epidermis, and sclerosis of the dermis, the lichen sclerosis is most likely to be the cause of VIN. Also please get tested for HPV and HSV.
Crohn’s disease of the vulva is not so common, but yes, it can happen and can be a cause for VIN. It can also cause persistence of inflammation and hence a predisposition for infection. Usually this responds to a combination of prednisolone and metronidazole. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.