485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush's Policies Bankrupt The...
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush's Policies Bankrupt The Country

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/31/david-stockman-george-w-bush_n_2989094.html?ref=topbar

"A former adviser of Ronald Reagan has some choice words for George W. Bush.

David Stockman, Reagan’s budget director from 1981 to 1985, slammed Bush and his former boss in an op-ed in The New York Times Sunday. Stockman argued in the piece that Reagan’s view on the deficit “created a template for the Republicans’ utter abandonment of the balanced-budget policies of Calvin Coolidge.”

“(Reagan’s deficit policies) allowed George W. Bush to dive into the deep end, bankrupting the nation through two misbegotten and unfinanced wars, a giant expansion of Medicare and a tax-cutting spree for the wealthy that turned K Street lobbyists into the de facto office of national tax policy,”
Stockman, also a former Republican congressman from Michigan, resigned from Reagan’s administration in 1985 in protest over deficit spending. Bush and Reagan aren’t Stockman’s only targets in the piece; he attacks lawmakers, Federal Reserve and Treasury officials and Wall Street for a combination of easy money and deficit expanding policies that he argues will lead to another Wall Street bubble explosion in the near future.

Stockman may have a point when it comes to Bush’s policies, at least. The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined with the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy will account for nearly half of the debt the U.S. will owe by 2019, according to a February analysis from the Center on Budget Policy and Priorities, a left-leaning think tank.

Bush isn’t the only Republican leader to draw Stockman’s ire in recent months, though. During the 2012 presidential election, Stockman called Republican candidate Mitt Romney “a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses.” He also attacked Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan’s budget, arguing that it was “devoid of credible math or hard policy choices.”

I’m not defending Bush but it’s hard for me to take anything David Stockman says serious. Personally, I think the man should have been prosecuted and sent to Prison. I guess it's all about who you know!
If the guy was the "budget director" and he implicated his former boss, does that not clearly place some of the blame directly on himself.  (Or, as a politician is he exempt of blame?)
Yeah, shoot the messenger and ignore the message. That's productive and it feels good too.
Mike, come on. You’re an intelligent man. The messenger? Research the man.
Shoot the messenger and the message.  Kind of funny that the guy would try to rat out the President and blame him for things that he (the messenger) was supposed to be in charge of....
Call David Stockman at 'On Point' WBUR 10 am tomorrow 800-423-8255.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2013/04/04/stockman

http://onpoint.wbur.org/contact-on-point
motye51 commented on Nicoleg70's status
Dee1956 0 chill factor ARGH, I am h... Comment
Feb 10
motye51 commented on savemom's status
Feb 10