John McCain Gets Angry Over Questions About Missed Benghazi Briefing
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/john-mccain-benghazi-briefing_n_2138973.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) was less than willing to entertain questions Thursday on why he held a press conference Wednesday to complain about lack of information on the September attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, while simultaneously skipping a nearly two-hour classified briefing with administration officials about the investigation.

CNN’s Dana Bash reported on air that McCain, when questioned by a producer on the subject on Capitol Hill, not only refused to answer, but grew “very angry":

I have to tell you something that just happened on Capitol Hill, and that is our Senate producer Ted Barrett just ran into John McCain and asked about something that we're hearing from Democrats, which is John McCain is calling for more information to Congress, but he had a press conference yesterday instead of going to a closed briefing where administration officials were giving more information. Well, Ted Barrett asked John McCain about that, and it was apparently an intense, very angry exchange and McCain simply would not comment on it at all.

McCain has been one of the sharpest critics of the Obama administration’s handling of the attack in Benghazi on Sept. 11, which resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens. Along with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the Arizona senator spent much of Wednesday renewing calls for a special committee to investigate the attack and, in the process, missed a Benghazi briefing in which administration officials offered additional details to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, of which McCain is a member.
All that noise about getting more information and he misses a 2 hour hearing...I know if I were looking for answers, I would've been the first person at that hearing...Goes to show that there is NO cover up and if anyone is at fault, its the CIA for not giving the correct information...
I said elsewhere that I hope that they just come clean and share the facts that they can (I'm sure some are classified).  There doesn't need to be a
cover up of any sort.  I'm sure if a mistake was made that it is unfortunate but a mistake.  Owning up to it gains respect in my book.  Or maybe no mistakes were made.  But they should just come clean.

Any posturing from other politicians on it is not necessary.  McCain should have gone to a briefing if more details were going to be given.  Not sure why he wouldn't.

He's an old dude.  That's for sure.  I can't believe that he ran for president just 4 years ago.  
Goes to show that there is NO cover up and if anyone is at fault, its the CIA for not giving the correct information...

There's no way we can say anything at this point.  It's way too premature.  I think there's going to be stuff coming out for a while about this.

It's anybody's guess.
There's no cover up. It would have came out already..NOTHING points to a cover up or scandal...Miscommunication and wrong information given from the CIA to the Whit House but NO cover up....
Why do we need the CIA again ?? lol
So what was all that confusion over the video?  Why were we talking about THAT at the same time?
Anyway, maybe we'll find out the truth maybe we won't.  Cover up?  Who knows.  Incompetence?  Who knows.  One or the other or both?  Maybe.  
Im not sure what John McCains issues are. It seems to me that if he wanted truth as badly as he says he does, he would have been in that meeting, no matter what scheduling changes had to be made and not at a press conference. imo
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Proactive commented on Dee1956's status
1 hr ago
Barb135 commented on SOY
motye51 commented on Nicoleg70's status