485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, We...
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, West Virginia

A major gas line has exploded in Sissonville, West Virginia, officials told CNN.

Several structures in the area are on fire, Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper said.

Carper said it was "sounding like a jet engine" as the fire raged. At this time, no injuries have been reported.

The explosion has caused I-77 at the Charleston split to be shut down in the north direction, West Virginia's Department of Transportation reported on their Twitter account.

iReport: Explosion "sounded like an airplane was flying over the roof."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/11/multiple-structures-on-fire-after-gas-line-explodes-in-sissonville-west-virginia/?hpt=hp_t3
1 Comment
I just read about this horrific accident.
Somehow I can't help but wonder if we aren't going to see more and more of this kind of thing as old infrastructures crumble.
Again, this is why we need oversight and this is why we need to put people back to work fixing our old bridges, roads and pipes.
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
Feb 08
703nikki joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
Life360_Dave your status can't be blank Comment
Feb 03