485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, We...
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, West Virginia

A major gas line has exploded in Sissonville, West Virginia, officials told CNN.

Several structures in the area are on fire, Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper said.

Carper said it was "sounding like a jet engine" as the fire raged. At this time, no injuries have been reported.

The explosion has caused I-77 at the Charleston split to be shut down in the north direction, West Virginia's Department of Transportation reported on their Twitter account.

iReport: Explosion "sounded like an airplane was flying over the roof."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/11/multiple-structures-on-fire-after-gas-line-explodes-in-sissonville-west-virginia/?hpt=hp_t3
1 Comment
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I just read about this horrific accident.
Somehow I can't help but wonder if we aren't going to see more and more of this kind of thing as old infrastructures crumble.
Again, this is why we need oversight and this is why we need to put people back to work fixing our old bridges, roads and pipes.
Blank
Recent Activity
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on susan400's status
3 hrs ago
649848_tn?1357751184
Blank
Barb135 commented on Official Announcement...
Sep 22
1747881_tn?1358189534
Blank
hrsepwrguy, and Dee1956 commented on pooh55811's status
Sep 21
MedHelp Health Answers