Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, West Virginia
A major gas line has exploded in Sissonville, West Virginia, officials told CNN.

Several structures in the area are on fire, Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper said.

Carper said it was "sounding like a jet engine" as the fire raged. At this time, no injuries have been reported.

The explosion has caused I-77 at the Charleston split to be shut down in the north direction, West Virginia's Department of Transportation reported on their Twitter account.

iReport: Explosion "sounded like an airplane was flying over the roof."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/11/multiple-structures-on-fire-after-gas-line-explodes-in-sissonville-west-virginia/?hpt=hp_t3
I just read about this horrific accident.
Somehow I can't help but wonder if we aren't going to see more and more of this kind of thing as old infrastructures crumble.
Again, this is why we need oversight and this is why we need to put people back to work fixing our old bridges, roads and pipes.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
dominosarah commented on photo
29 mins ago
Barb135 commented on photo
mcorrell98 commented on photo