485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Biden hints he may be on future ballots
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Biden hints he may be on future ballots

(CNN) – Vice President Joe Biden further fanned the flames of speculation Tuesday over a possible 2016 presidential bid.

But behind the speculation may be his interest in a municipal post.

While he was leaving a Delaware polling booth, Biden was asked whether it was the last time he'd cast a ballot for himself.

"No, I don't think so," he replied, smiling.

The vice president voted with his wife, Jill, Tuesday morning shortly after 7 a.m. ET at Alexis I. DuPont High School in Greenville. Biden represented Delaware as a U.S. senator for 36 years before becoming President Barack Obama's number two.

While waiting in line for about 11 minutes, Biden chatted and shook hands with those standing in line or passing through the polling station. The vice president then stepped into the middle booth of three, where the poll worker announced, "Now voting, Joe Biden."

Outside the school, the vice president was met with questions by reporters. Asked if he was feeling nostalgic, given that it's been 40 years since he first voted for himself, Biden said "it's always a kick."

"This is the eighth time that I've run statewide in the state of Delaware. It's always a kick, it really is, to see people out here," he said. "I hope everybody exercises their right to vote. It's a great honor."

When the vice president stopped by a restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio later in the day, a woman asked him about his future aspirations.

"After Obama wins this election are you going to run?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm going to go back home and run for county council," Biden replied.

This is the second time in less than a week that Biden has hinted at a potential future campaign. While on a phone call with a voter in Florida last week, the vice president got into a discussion about health care and insurance, making his case for the president's health care reform.

"And after it's all over, when your insurance rates go down, then you'll vote for me in 2016," he said, before moving on and taking photos with supporters.

Biden has already made two bids for the Democratic presidential nomination, in 1988 and 2008. While Biden would be 73 in four years, the vice president stirred rumors last year when he left the door open to a 2016 campaign.

And his wife, Jill, fueled more speculation when she told NBC this summer that she wasn't sure whether "this is his last campaign."

"Joe would make a great president," she added.

SOURCE: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/06/biden-hints-he-may-be-on-future-ballots/?hpt=hp_t2_6
Republicans can only PRAY that Biden is on the presidential ballot in 2016.

Talk about a shoe-in... the Republicans could run Mickey Mouse, or Dumbo, or Peter Pan, or Popeye, and they'd win the election, HANDS DOWN!!!
Don't sleep on Joe...
Don't sleep on Joe.  Hm.  That sounds obscene . . .
m I allowed to just laugh out loud .....
There's a breath of fresh air.  Joe Biden wanting to keep Washington DC stagnant for a few more years.... wonderful.  Just what the country needs.
Not so obscene to me...
Oh Lord.....sorry to say.....but God help us all!!!!!!

I'm not a HUGE fan of Obama, but Biden?  Oh Lordy lordy.

I think Hilary should run...I think she would have an excellent shot.  Depending on who the red candidate was, I would consider voting for her...I think she has balls.  If she divorced Bill, I'd be even MORE likely to vote for her!  ;0)

(My husband is still shocked I voted for him.....lol)
What does that mean----  sleep on Joe?  
I don't know if I'd vote for Hillary over Joe, but I'd give it one heck of a good look.
LOL brice.  I hear ya.

We need a woman in there!!!!!  Damn!

We need a WOMAN to straighten this sh*t out!  ;0)

What does that mean----  sleep on Joe?   .

Yes...what DOES that mean?  
I doubt Hillary will run in 2016. She looks burnt out. If Obama wins this election, it would surprise me if she doesn’t resign.
Hillary Clinton is all connected up with Benghazi I doubt she will run for anything ..certainly until they have had the examination of what happened in Benghazi that killed 4 Americans .
Oh, I'd vote for a woman.  Got no problem doing that.... I just don't think Mrs. Clinton and eye would see eye to eye on anything.
Yes I agree..Next time GO HILARY!!

SM-"What does sleep on...mean?" ??
You are too cute.

NG-I am nearing 60-older men look real good to me. *What* would I do with a youngster????
I hope I am not shocking anyone.
Okay, I'm googled it because I thought this might be some slang that I am not aware of in my pent up stay at home mom world.  but no such luck.  

Got no idea what don't sleep on joe means. ????  

Okay, it has hit me while I type this---  don't underestimate Joe??  

My head hurts from all this thinken.
"Don't underestimate Joe" is where I'd put my money.  
Okay, guess I was just being a perv-sorry!
Ha, well, you and me both rivll.  Remember, I thought it sounded obscene.  
RIVIL!!!!!  My MY!  I'm blushing!!!! LOL

Sleep WITH Joe maybe?

As far as winning goes, Hillary would be a good pick for the dems. She's pretty well liked.  She's another "you either love her or hate her" kind of person.

I'd have to give it a lot of thought, and it would depend on what the next 4 years brought, but I might give her some consideration.  If it was her vs McCain, I would probably vote for her.  I REALLY didn't like him at ALL.  That's probably shocking...most people liked him much better than Romney...I'm the opposite.  Just didn't sit well with me at all.

LOVED Palin the night she was introduced as the running mate...then she kept talking....sigh.  LOL

Im hoping the GOP starts hopping looking for a good, knock your socks off candidate for the 2016 if Romney does not prevail.  
Rivil....cannot believe you're so dirty minded!  (I have a new respect for you!!! lol)

The gene pool is compromised.  Not sure if there are "good" candidates.
I am scandalous. Sigh, but it is all talk, no action. lol
Ahhhh! I see!  You're a "poser"!!!??  ;0)

brice...you may be very right.  Maybe I'LL run???  SM....you would be a good choice...we could make a team and run.  I'd have to be the VP candidate though, you're more organized and mature than me.

What do you think?  Specialmom/Nursegirl 2016!
I already nominate Barb!
Well, that's even better then!

Got a perfect slogan...

"Barb for queen in 20-16!"  :0)
Love it!
You guys are funny  ----  love it......... look at all the "advisors" I'd have.  

rivll, mind if I tell them what I said I'd do?
I could be your Press Secretary. Think about it, there would be so many Bleeps no one would know what your position would be on anything.
You got that position.....but can only exercise it when I tell you to.... because my agenda would be very clear.  We'd either sit down and work together to get issues solved and things accomplished or I'd tell all of the Congress men/women to go home and explain to their constituents, why things weren't getting better.  You'd have to do a better job of supporting me than Jay Carney does.  LOL

I had a rep in my "work world" of being no nonsense, but of also getting things done, while having the compassion to take things on an individual basis.

But of course, I always have those "bleep" moments....... yep, you're a new czar.......  :-)

Come on Guys! Really? How can we even consider starting another 4 years of getting out the vote right now! LOL

Torture!!!! Its all Torture~~~
Yep, we have to start right now on getting out the vote for 2016, because we want everyone to know the rules/requirements, so no one can say they were disenfranchised........   4 years to plan...... let's get it together......  lol
SM and Rivil...HAHA...Don't sleep on Joe is slang and Brice was correct it means don't underestimate Joe..lol..

I'd vote for Hilary:) I think she's going to Run in 2016 and if she does, Joe will not because he would not have a chance. But I do luv Joe Biden. He says what he feels and doesn't give a $hit what anyone thinks..lol

Hilary looks tired in all seriousness.  I picture what she looked like during her run for president and now.  Big difference.  I'm not sure she has the energy for a presidential bid in 4 years.  Now this is hard to believe as well, will she be almost 70 in 4 years??  
Why don't politicians have a shelf life?
Ha.  They probably should.  

I thought McCain was too old personally.
That was my thought on McCain too.... and Reid in Nevada.  They recently reelected Reid so I think he has 5 more years.  I think that will put him right near 80.  

Life long politicians are a bad idea in my book.  I think that is what creates some of the stalemate in DC.
MrsPincince Thank you Cheryl for your p... Comment
Dee1956 commented on Ekkiemom's status
hrsepwrguy, and colorpal commented on pooh55811's status