485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Blacks kill more blacks than the KKK ever did
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
35 members

Documentary filmmaker Sixx King is black and he's tired of black-on-black violence so he wanted to do something proactive to make a statement.

So he put on a KKK outfit with a white hood and stood in public in Philadelphia to draw attention to an issue that the black community has not been able to solve - black men killing black men at record numbers.

This is not just a Philadelphia problem, this is a problem in most large urban populations. Last year, Chicago reported more than 500 homicides, and most involved black men killed by black men.

In Milwaukee County, of the 101 homicide victims in 2012, 71 were black males, according to the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office.

King, 35,  is tired and I am, too. While wearing the costume, he had a sign saying that black violence kills more blacks than the Klan ever has. Sixx said in 2011 more than 7,000 black people were killed; he said the KKK killed 3,446 blacks in 86 years.

Black-on-black murders surpass the number of people killed by the KKK every six months.

I know a number of blacks and some whites who will find what King did offensive. I understand that, but ask yourself this question: What do you see black politicians doing about the issue? I mostly hear crickets.

Milwaukee Public Schools Superintendent Gregory Thornton said last year that he was appalled by the silence and lack of outrage after several MPS students were killed.

King is bringing awareness to the black hypocrisy of being complacent when we know we have a problem and we are doing little to address it. We can talk about jobs all we want, and yes, high unemployment is a problem. But blacks have been poor for a long time and we didn't kill each other at the rate that we are doing now.

This is not a gun problem; this is a societal problem that needs to be addressed, and our black leaders, churches, families, youth and schools should be demanding change.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/190868061.html

"This is not a gun problem; this is a societal problem that needs to be addressed, and our black leaders, churches, families, youth and schools should be demanding change."
Finally, Someone that Gets it.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but this used to be a big issue for Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.  Nowadays, as the article stated.... crickets.
Blacks to kill themselves more than anyone kills them..I don't think the KKK reference was necessary but She used it to prove a point...Unfortunately this is still a big issue but it is NEVER reported. Black on black crime happens multiple times a day...The number one killer of a black man is a GUN..Illegal GUNS at that!
You've just covered my beef.  That is where any new surge on protecting the public needs to be.  On illegal guns and the lawless individuals that own and use them.
I agree....I also think the ban on AR's too because they are used in drive by's in these "urban" communities all the time...
I'm not trying to be argumentive but,

I don’t think a Ban on ARs is going to any effect on Drive By’s at all.

and

“While wearing the costume, he had a sign saying that black violence kills more blacks than the Klan ever has”

I thought it was Brilliant.
"The number one killer of a black man is a GUN."  With all due respect, there has to be a person behind that gun to pull the trigger.  Apparently, according to the article, all too often, that person happens to be another black person.

"That is where any new surge on protecting the public needs to be.  On illegal guns and the lawless individuals that own and use them." Totally agree, whether those people be white, black, green or purple with pink polka dots.  
Many people who die by violence in the inner city are killed by guns and many of those killed are bystanders hit by ricocheting bullets. I believe this is where my initial prejudice against assault weapons began.
Yes the guns are illegal but they are readily available, getting them off the street should be a priority.

There really hasn't been a big focus on black on black crime and I believe it comes from a latent racism in our society. "As long as they are killing each other, it is not our problem", yes I have heard those words and I heard them about the Mexican community as well. It is when it hit the white suburbs that suddenly people are worried. The white kids start shooting up their schools and everyone is suddenly wringing their hands.
Crime is a serious problem, often rooted in poverty and mental illness.I do believe the assault weapons make it easier to kill more people in a shorter period of time but obviously this is a problem that goes way beyond that and it has been made quite clear in the past decade that violence is a societal problem not limited to the black community.
""The number one killer of a black man is a GUN."  With all due respect, there has to be a person behind that gun to pull the trigger. "

Obviously. I know that! you completely missed my point...

"Many people who die by violence in the inner city are killed by guns and many of those killed are bystanders hit by ricocheting bullets

There really hasn't been a big focus on black on black crime and I believe it comes from a latent racism in our society. "As long as they are killing each other, it is not our problem"

That was my point!...
I don't see much focus on the constant increase of Meth Labs (almost all White People). My freind's son just got busted for one and it didn't even make the Local News. That Damned Racism!
Really, I missed your point.......

"Yes the guns are illegal but they are readily available, getting them off the street should be a priority." From what we've seen of the President's version the only guns gotten off the street will be those that are legal.
Ok barb...Fine! ..Let's us also just agree to disagree..
You are willfully missing the point but I will not take you on tonight.
You can try again tomorrow and if I am up to it, we can duel.
Here people are saying people are missing the point, but there isn't even a chance that they themselves are missing the point?  Open your minds....
With you on that.........

Glass: You said, 'This is not a gun problem; this is a societal problem that needs to be addressed, and our black leaders, churches, families, youth and schools should be demanding change.'
"Finally, Someone that Gets it. "
I addressed two issues:
1. Guns, specifically automatic weapons.
2. Violence in society

I am not convinced that a ban on these weapons is the solution, I was simply pointing out that in the inner cities they have caused deaths of bystanders as well as the targets.
"Many people who die by violence in the inner city are killed by guns and many of those killed are bystanders hit by ricocheting bullets. I believe this is where my initial prejudice against assault weapons began.
Yes the guns are illegal but they are readily available, getting them off the street should be a priority."
When I said getting them off the street I was thinking about the illegal weapons used by the street thugs.
Violence in society:
I believe that the reasons for violence are rooted in poverty, dysfunctional homes,the drug business and mental illness.
While on the one hand, the media portrays the black man as a violent force in America, it is true that plenty of white, Asian and Hispanic youth are caught up with game of violence for the very same reasons.
There has been a focus on blacks as violent thugs but there has not been a national movement to do anything about the violence in the black communities despite the elderly and the mothers and many good folk within those communities appealing for help to get the thugs out of their neighborhoods. To help do *something*
After Columbine, ppl were stunned-White boys? Middle class white boys? and since then most mass killers are white (as are most serial killers) and finally there is a call to do something on a national level.
There may be an unfair focus on gun laws, that is not my argument, point is that it has taken the recent spate of killings to make ppl wake up and try to address the multitude of problems that lead to this kind of violence...but it is not new, it has been an ongoing problem for the black communities as well as society as a whole.
I was more or less agreeing with you but expanding on it with my view on things.

"Crime is a serious problem, often rooted in poverty and mental illness.I do believe the assault weapons make it easier to kill more people in a shorter period of time but obviously this is a problem that goes way beyond that and it has been made quite clear in the past decade that violence is a societal problem not limited to the black community."
You replied with:
"I don't see much focus on the constant increase of Meth Labs (almost all White People). My freind's son just got busted for one and it didn't even make the Local News. That Damned Racism!"
You are so intent on denying that racism exists that you missed that I was not disagreeing with you!
Wrong again. I never said nor do I believe Racism doesn’t exist. Please copy and paste where I said that or you can swallow your pride and apologize for falsely accusing me. I will say I don’t believe Racism is responsible for Black on Black Crime
Thus the facetious remark, ""I don't see much focus on the constant increase of Meth Labs (almost all White People). My freind's son just got busted for one and it didn't even make the Local News. That Damned Racism!"

I did not say that racism is the reason for black on black crime...I said that we as a society haven't talked about the issues surrounding the problem of black on black crime. Now that it is white on white crime people are very upset and talking about it. I am saying that this is part of a bigger societal problem and your facetious remark smacked of denial to me.
Why even focus on racism when I was simply explaining my point of view, except to deny that it is part of the reason we haven't started talking about solutions till now?
"I did not say that racism is the reason for black on black crime..."

I'm sorry, I must have misread your comment

"There really hasn't been a big focus on black on black crime and I believe it comes from a latent racism in our society. "As long as they are killing each other, it is not our problem",

So are you going to Copy and Paste the proof of your accusation that I deny Racism exist or , are you going to keep dancing around it?
Natural-selection at work.

A stronger group, killing off a weaker group. Happens all the time in nature, in some form or fashion.

Just so happens that the stronger group, in this instance, is using an artificial means for killing off the weaker group (ie: guns).

If one criminal kills off another criminal, is that such a bad thing? No. One less criminal to deal with.

Just my racist opinion, mind you.

"There hasn't been a * focus* on black on black crime" in terms of trying to help the people living in those communities grapple with the problem, I believe is due to a latent racism in society.
You see there are a lot of innocents killed in these scenarios but it is just chalked up to part of an inner city crime wave.
(Just like when an AA child is missing it doesn't make headlines like when a white girl is missing)
Contrast that with the past decade with mass killings in white middle class neighborhoods and there is a lot more grief and public breast beating.
If you don't see that Glass, then I give up.
No guy, I have nothing to apologize for. I didn't call you racist I said racism is part of the fabric of this country. Please do not extrapolate from that statement that I think minorities are victims or that inner city youth are somehow excused for the violence they rain down on their community.

You said,

It was so off point to what I was saying...I couldn't imagine why you would say that except to undermine what I said about latent racism in this society.
Not even a Nice Try, so your going to keep dancing?
This is the point I had made when the whole gun debate came up but is being missed by D.C., the media and many on this forum. Guns are not the issue it's the people. The system that failed them, the family that failed them. When you say guns are the problem you dismiss the actual problem that caused this issue.

Why is a single parent home so prevelant in black homes? Why is the highest high school drop out rate in the black community. This is not a gun issue or a racism issue. This is a much larger issue that is being passed off as a gun issue.

When someone on the left actually wants to talk about the real issue let me know.
*72.0% of black children raised in single-parent households[1]
*40.2% of the prison population is black men (black males constitute 13.6% of the overall population)[2]
*51.5% of murders, in the US, are committed by blacks[3]
*20% of "hate crime" offenders were black (despite comprising only roughly 12.5% of the total population), and the victims were predominantly black (72.9%)[3]

"...there are more African American men in prison and jail, or on probation and parole, than were slaves before the start of the Civil War."[2]

(1) http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/
(2) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/12/michelle-alexander-more-black-men-in-prison-slaves-1850_n_1007368.html
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Just a few statistical facts.

Countdown to someone being offended.

In 3... 2... 1...
Are you trying to offend someone el? Im not very knowledgeable about this topic frankly since I am not african american, was raised in an all white neighborhood and not subjected to any of it. With that said, I hope what ever is going on or not going on gets the attention it needs to help these people.
teko and you are a perfect example of this post. Don't know anything about the issue because you have not heard anything about the issue because most are scared to raise this as an issue. Not saying that it is bad of you for not knowing but it makes the point to this post.

El is just posting facts and this needs to be addressed and not glossed over and point to guns or race as the cause of this.
No Vance, geeze, is there anything one can say here that is not turned into an accusation or a put down? I stated my reasons for not knowing, and I have a life beyond the CE forum. But feel free to read into it what ever makes you happy.
Glass, you are the only one on this thread (apart from the ladies, of course) who is worth the time and energy I am putting into this.
I will restate it in different words; racial prejudice against minorities (specifically AA) in this country is illustrated by the fact that with all the deaths by violence they experience in the inner cities, the murder of the innocents in those communities are only now being gradually acknowledged. I suspect that it is partly due to the thinking that comes from ppl like el, who  seems to think if you are black and poor you are a criminal therefore you deserve the life you get.
When young people starting losing it in the suburbs and committing mass murder suddenly people were talking about mental health services, gun control, social work and so on...In other words prevention.
My point is that due to the differences in how people view the victims of these crimes, many innocents in the inner city have had to not only live in fear and misery but they have to live in a society that judges them by their neighbors and often by the color of their skin.

You poo-poohed the idea that race has anything to do with it when you talked about white meth labs-basically saying that it is not about race it is about crime.
I say to that, that is only partly true. I am white but I have lived among minorities much of my life and the mothers, grandparents, babies and so on in these communities are as much as victims of these thugs as the people in Aurora were victims of their killer. They are simply walking down the street and they get mowed down, last year a baby girl was killed in her crib at home when a bullet ricocheted and went through the wall of her house. These are not rare and random occurrences.
So, I do not say you are a racist, but it seems to me by what you said that you don't fully appreciate or agree with my point that there is latent racism in this country and that is why we tend to dismiss violent deaths of black people.
Call it dancing guy, I am simply trying to be clear with my words.
Do you understand what I am saying?
That's nice... real nice....  classy too.
"Glass, you are the only one on this thread (apart from the ladies, of course) who is worth the time and energy I am putting into this."

I swear you said something not too long ago about being respectful, and then you let go with a sentence like that?  Well, I guess if you wanted any respect you'd be respectful....

Sorry brice, I was annoyed with el's post but in retrospect I see it would have been better to leave that out.
Oh, I full understand where you are coming from.  Your quote was crystal clear.  Respect.... pffffft.  
pfffft to you too then.
Your comment says that I clearly am not worth your time... whiz off.
I did not say that.
You hadn't commented on this thread. I was referring to el who loves to be antagonistic and whom it just isn't worth tangling with over issues.

Please relax brice and don't take offense, I wasn't feeling particularly negative towards anyone when I wrote that...it was meant more as an eye roll about el's vociferousness

"Do you understand what I am saying? "

.
Yes and I fully accept your apology. I know it’s hard for you to admit you are wrong.
Lol...okay guy you win.
See that wasn't so hard.
Stop!!!! :)
LOL
Well I posted to this thread and you insulted me rivll. If you were talking about EL then you post directly to him.

teko-what are you talking about? Do you want to whine just to whine? If I wanted to go deeper into your comment I could have and really let you have it but I didn't I made the point of this issue and you are an example of the point and I even said nothing against you for not knowing. I did not accuse you of anything or insult you.

I had commented.  In fact, I was the first to do so.  And you clearly said that Glass (and the girls) "was the only person worth the time and energy".  That alone excluded me and thats fine.

I just remember someone around here being pretty sensitive about others being rude and by purposely saying that nobody else is worth your time is kind of rude.  (I really don't mind and can play by those rules too.)
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
nursegirl6572 commented on tha godhead
Jul 22
brice1967, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Jul 20