Capitol Hill leaders sound optimistic notes after fiscal cliff talks with Obama
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15218657-capitol-hill-leaders-sound-optimistic-notes-after-fiscal-cliff-talks-with-obama?lite

Updated 1:36 p.m. ET - Capitol Hill leaders emerged from their meeting Friday with President Barack Obama sounding optimistic about their ability to reach consensus on vexing tax and spending issues and avoid the impending "fiscal cliff."

Just weeks before an end of year deadline -- when a series of income tax cuts are set to expire just as billions in automatic spending cuts stipulated in the 2011 debt ceiling deal will take effect -- House and Senate leaders suggested they had made progress during their first meeting with President Barack Obama since he won re-election last week.

"I think we're all aware that we have some urgent business to do," Obama said at the top of the meeting, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, to his right and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., to his left.

That urgency, apparently, was not lost on Republican and Democratic leaders who appeared jointly after the hourlong meeting to express their optimism that a deal was within reach. The word of the day was "constructive," a term which each leader used to describe their talks on Friday.
Nice! At least they're all on the same page and actually doing their job..Hopefully they continue to make progress, create jobs, and keep our economy moving FORWARD!
We will see if they do something other than talk the talk, all we need is another downgrading of our credit rating..
I agree teko.  A bunch of "talk talk talk" from BOTH sides...let's see some action, let's see some compromise.  These leaders HAVE to start leading by example.
It's talk until its action.  It's time for these people to earn their keep.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Dee1956 0 chill factor ARGH, I am h... Comment
Feb 10
motye51 commented on savemom's status
Feb 10
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
Feb 08