485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Christopher Dorner Facebook Fans???
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Christopher Dorner Facebook Fans???

It seems Dorner has a fan following now so I suppose a movie will be coming out eventually. This guy is responsible for 3 deaths now and possibly more to come but many see him as a victim evidently...

Christopher Dorner, the former LA cop turned "cop killer," has supporters and fans defending him on Facebook and Twitter as a "hero."

Call it the "Dark Knight Complex." In the age of the Internet and social media, behind certain high-profile alleged murderers, there are loyal fans.

Supporters of Christopher Dorner, the former LA policeman turned "cop killer," have shown up online, with tweets and fan pages on Facebook. Some call Dorner a "hero" for writing a nine-page manifesto alleged on racism and corruption within the LAPD.

Numerous supporters on Twitter are calling the alleged murderer a "Dark Knight." One Facebook page calls him "the hero LA deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... He's a silent guardian, watchful protector against corruption, he's our Dark Knight."

The vast majority of Americans are horrified that Dorner declared "war" on the LAPD and has allegedly killed three individuals so far. But the public disgust seems to add fuel to the fire for his followers, as it does with skeptics of 9/11, the Aurora massacre and the Newtown massacre.

However, it is clear that Dorner's fans have a more issue-driven focus than, for example, the fans, or "Holmies," of alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes.

Dorner's supporters say the media should be focusing on police brutality and officer-involved deaths as much as they are on this alleged killer.

Police are desperately continuing a massive manhunt across three states and Mexico in search of Dorner, who claims he was fired by a racist, corrupt police force. In their search for the dangerous police- and military-trained man, officers accidentally shot two innocent Latina women Thursday. Some of Dorner's fans have criticized the incident as an example of the police's "shoot first, ask later" approach and say Dorner is giving police a taste of their own medicine.

"This is an intelligent man who has stared into the dark heart of corruption," Ruth Iorio, a 33-year-old LA screenwriter, wrote to HuffPost in a Facebook message. "Now he's taking vengeance upon it, trying to turn the LAPD into the victims they have persecuted, including Kendrec McDade, Alisia Thomas and Kelly Thomas."

Edward D., 25, told HuffPost that he started the Facebook fan page "Christopher Dorner" to "wake up the citizens and force police departments to change their ways. If they learn from this, it shouldn't happen again." He continued, quoting President Kennedy, in a Facebook message, "'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable.' -JFK"

The individual behind the Facebook page "I support Christopher Jordan Dorner" explained to HuffPost that he started the page to steer the conversation away from Dorner's mental health.

"I knew that the media was going to turn this into just another 'He's a psycho ex-cop ex-military that went insane' story, and wanted to show that there was more to what was going on than that," the individual, who wishes to remain anonymous, wrote in a Facebook message. "There is a huge underlying story of police corruption and the plight of a man that tried his best to do good but was relentlessly punished for it."

The page has over 2,000 likes as of Friday afterno
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/08/christopher-dorner-fans-facebook-twitter_n_2647754.html?utm_hp_ref=christopher-dorner
Christ.....  My wife mentioned them making a movie of this guy on Friday.  I'm sure it will be coming.  Who in their right mind praises a guy like this?
"There is a huge underlying story of police corruption and the plight of a man that tried his best to do good but was relentlessly punished for it."

No excuses for murdering people. It was cowardly and evil and it is disgusting that anyone would profit from this story by playing on public sympathy.
I think in some way, this guy speaks for many who think police abuse their power, altho its sick to think he has fans of murder and mayhem. How sick is that?
I am always fascinated by these people that glom onto people accused of horrible crimes.  Remember Casey Anthony?  They said she had a whole fan club that sent her money and all sorts of things in jail to keep her comfortable.  Really wacko to me.  
I remember when I saw pictures of this Dorner for the first time. He looks like a big cuddly bear with a nice smile and kind eyes. How! Is it even possible to look that innocent and be a killer?
Here are a few of the posts on the FB Page. Actually there are a few Pages

“...and that is bull CRAP about reopening the case!! They didnt care about it THEN and they dont care about it NOW! I hope he take at least another 20 of the PIGS out”

“Aren't you afraid of this BIG Black Man? He is getting revenge! I'm so happy, I walk with a smile on my face for three days now, I cant explain it. I'm I a bad person for feeling this way? Is the slave evil for wanting the worst possible death upon his Master and Master's heirs? Please comment. Whatever happens now doesn't matter - he has seen the mountain top - and Martin Luther King wasn't there - it was the barrel of a gun.”

“christopher dorner aka....my new hero!!!”

“hes not killing innocent people hes killing corrupted cops. Corrupted cops and their families haha”

“I'm all for Dorner nobody has walked in his shoes so who are they to say he's right or wrong in this situation he got fed up &nd now he's doing something about it I pray they DONT catch him....”

“millions are with you, millions love your courage”

“Corrupt police deserve public executions. I'm so glad that Christopher Dorner is brave enough to be the executioner.”

“chris never give up fight for justice and i will pray for you”
I think that is almost as bad as Dorner committing murder. No matter what happened, how legit it is or isnt, you dont go around cutting people down cause it didnt work out the way you wanted it to? Maybe he is only targeting cops, does that really justify it somehow in these peoples minds? There be some sick sick puppies out there, seriously!
nursegirl6572 "Sometimes you will never k... Comment
specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
Sep 01
realjimmy commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 01