485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Clackamas Town Center Shooting: Gunfire Erupts At Portland Mall
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

PORTLAND, Ore. — A gunman opened fire Tuesday in a Portland, Ore., area shopping mall Tuesday, killing at least one person and wounding an unknown number of others, sheriff's deputies said.

"We believe there's at least one deceased and maybe more," said Clackamas County sheriff's Lt. James Rhodes.

Rhodes said he was still trying to get more details about the situation at the Clackamas Town Center, but the gunman was "neutralized." He said he wasn't sure whether the gunman is dead.

Authorities were going store-to-store to secure the scene, but Rhodes said there was no indication that there was more than one gunman.

Kira Rowland told KGW-TV that she was shopping at Macy's with her infant when the shots started.

"All of a sudden you hear two shots, which sounded like balloons popping," Rowland told the station. "Everybody got on the ground. I grabbed the baby from the stroller and got on the ground."

Rowland said she heard people screaming and crying.

"I put the baby back in the stroller and ran like hell," Rowland said. "It was awful. It was shots after shots after shots like a massacre.

"It was just awful."

Holli Bautista, 28, said she was shopping in the Macy's for a Christmas dress for her daughter when she heard a two or three pops that sounded like firecrackers.

"I heard people running and screaming and saying `Get out, there's somebody shooting'," she told The Associated Press. "It was a scene of chaos."

She said hundreds of shoppers and mall employees started running, and she and dozens of other people were trying to escape through an exit in the department store.

Bautista said the Macy's opens into the food court area, where it was reported the shootings took place. Bautista said it sounded like the shots were coming from that direction.

Once Bautista made it out of the mall, police officers were directed her and the other shoppers across the street to another shopping center.

As she looked across the street, Bautista said she could see hundreds of police officers, firefighters and emergency workers pouring in.

"They're coming in from multiple different agencies. There's tons of ambulances lined up," she said.

Macy's employees Pam Moore and Austin Patty told the AP the shooter was short, with dark hair, dressed in camouflage. He had body armor and a rifle and was wearing a white mask, they said.

"I heard about 20 shots and everyone hit the ground," Moore said. "That's when we all just ran."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/clackamas-town-center-shooting_n_2280786.html
This is unfolding as we speak. Scary times this time of the year, all the crazies come out. I hear the shooter is a male and he has been neutralized, killed. One injured, two dead so far. Still many people inside the mall.
The world has gone MAD I tell ya!....This $hit is out of control...
Dee1956 commented on Rbeth's status
48 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on Barb135's status
49 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status