DOMA / Prop 8
We probably won't know until June, but any guesses?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/27/17489073-lesbian-widow-behind-doma-challenge-i-think-its-gonna-be-good?lite

Feel free to add other Poll Response Choices.

2
1. DOMA Upheld / Prop 8 Re-Instated

2
2. DOMA Repealed / Prop 8 Repeal Upheld

0
3. DOMA Upheld / Prop 8 Repeal Upheld

1
4. DOMA Repealed / Prop 8 Refuse to Hear / Rule On

1
5. DOMA Repealed / Prop 8 ReInstated
I think they are going to punk out and find a way out of making progress. Sad. Not what America wants but since when does that matter at all.
I do want to change my poll vote to Refuse to Hear, hit the wrong button :(
Justices are not here to decide what America wants, they decide if something is constitutional. So no matter what the decision is they are not "punk" out.
I believe they will remand it to a lower court and let state by state decide as Federal Government really has no business in this discussion.
Yes refuse to hear that sounds about right.
doma doma boboma
bananafanafofoma
fefimomoma doma
True.  

If it were about what the people want, it wouldn’t be before them. The California voters have already spoken.
Yes indeed, the polls are wrong again.........just like they were in the election.
I think DOMA will be deemed unonstitutional and then they will throw the rest back at the states.
I agree!..
I don’t know. At first I thought that, but I was watching an interview last night. It was said, “Federal Laws would only apply in States that recognize Same Sex Marriage”. If they move to a State that does not recognize Same Sex Marriage, none of this applies, including filing Joint on Federal Income Tax (they mentioned other circumstances but that was the one that stuck out). If this were true, it would cause mass confusion for the IRS. Not that they aren’t already confused.

I’m now leaning toward, they are going to leave it like it is, and leave it up to the States. I’m good with that.
State Laws are easy to change compared to Federal Laws.
Like one of the Justices said “This is Un-Chartered Waters” and I agree.
Throw it back to the States, Watch to see how it goes over time, and then make the decision. I truly believe if the Justices had known how Roe vs. Wade turned out, they wouldn’t have approved it when they did. I don’t think the possibility of it evolving into late term abortions ever crossed their minds. I wouldn’t doubt if that is running through each of their heads. They know once the decision is made, there is likely, no turning back.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
motye51 commented on savemom's status
1 hr ago
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
Feb 08
703nikki joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06