485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
GOP Needs to Get With the Times
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

GOP Needs to Get With the Times

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-gop-needs-times-131006853--election.html

I actually agree with this article, a LOT!  Republican leaders have to start realizing that changes can be made without sacrificing the overall, underlying principle of their beliefs.

I said exactly this after the election.  If the pubs don't start being more "tolerant", less hard lined, we can continue to expect losses in office, and eventually expect to be the minority party ALL the time, rather than just some of the time, like it has cycled in the past.

Come on, guys, get it together!!
I've seen a fair amount on this issue lately.  I saw an interview with one very very interesting (and I thought very intelligent women) who considers herself a moderate Republican.  She said almost exactly this and also went on to say that she feels the majority of Republican in her age range (she was probably early thirties) feel this way.  She said they feel they cannot vote Democratic as it is way to far from their own beliefs, but find much of the hardline Republican Platform a bit to far right, particularly on social issues.  I wish I could remember her name, I thought she made an awful lot of sense.  I know that most Republicans I have met consider themselves moderate.  Interesting.
I totally agree that it's time to give up the hard line stance on so many things and bring itself up to the present.  

Barb135 commented on 0213
Proactive commented on Dee1956's status
Barb135 commented on SOY
Feb 12