485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
GOP Needs to Get With the Times
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
32 members

GOP Needs to Get With the Times

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-gop-needs-times-131006853--election.html

I actually agree with this article, a LOT!  Republican leaders have to start realizing that changes can be made without sacrificing the overall, underlying principle of their beliefs.

I said exactly this after the election.  If the pubs don't start being more "tolerant", less hard lined, we can continue to expect losses in office, and eventually expect to be the minority party ALL the time, rather than just some of the time, like it has cycled in the past.

Come on, guys, get it together!!
I've seen a fair amount on this issue lately.  I saw an interview with one very very interesting (and I thought very intelligent women) who considers herself a moderate Republican.  She said almost exactly this and also went on to say that she feels the majority of Republican in her age range (she was probably early thirties) feel this way.  She said they feel they cannot vote Democratic as it is way to far from their own beliefs, but find much of the hardline Republican Platform a bit to far right, particularly on social issues.  I wish I could remember her name, I thought she made an awful lot of sense.  I know that most Republicans I have met consider themselves moderate.  Interesting.
I totally agree that it's time to give up the hard line stance on so many things and bring itself up to the present.  

Dubfresh commented on Derealization and Dep...
specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status
nursegirl6572 commented on Cleaning up the wreck...