485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
House Democrats continue to tag Republicans as ‘hostage takers’
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

House Democrats on Wednesday launched a new microsite, GOPHostageTakers.com, criticizing Republican leaders for not holding a vote to exclusively extend middle-income tax rates for another year as part of avoiding the so-called fiscal cliff.

Current tax rates for all income levels are set to automatically increase in 2013 unless Congress takes action this year. Most Republicans want to extend the current rates for all income levels, while Democrats want taxes to increase for households earning more than $250,000 annually.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee launched the site as part of a larger messaging effort to goad Republicans into voting on a bill that excludes those earning more than $250,000 from the rate extension.

This week, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, submitted a "discharge petition" that would force a vote on a bill to extend rates only for middle-class taxpayers, but only if she can persuade 218 members of the Republican-led House to sign it. (Realistically, it's unlikely.) On the microsite, House Democrats list the names of some Republicans they consider "vulnerable" who have declined to sign Pelosi's petition.

Earlier this year, the Republican-led House approved a bill to extend tax rates for all income brackets while the Democrat-controlled Senate passed a measure that extends them for households under the $250,000 level.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/house-democrats-continue-tag-republicans-hostage-takers-161911218--election.html
Well yeah, the way I see it is they are holding the 98 percent hostage to keep their taxes for the two percent. (Norquist pledge comes to mind). Bring on that cliff! Be done.
Omgosh...Another thread rant is going to ensue because some on the right are going to defend this....

Let the rants begin in 5,4,3,2,1....lol
Well, no Im voicing my own opinion, if someone doesnt like it, thats fine with me. Doesnt change my opinion tho

. Im fine! The REST of em need therapy!
ROFL, I hope everyone realizes I am taking a jab at humor there! C Im smiling! :)
Hehe.. I hear ya..I feel the same way T:)
Many people whether left, right or in the middle, are for raising taxes on the top percent.

Trying to force this onto the middle class, which is already struggling and paying more than their share, is not only unfair, but mean.
I hope it backfires on these guys, big time.
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
Barb135, Dee1956, orphanedhawk, and mikesimon commented on orphanedhawk's status
Sep 16