485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Illegal to collect rainwater??
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Illegal to collect rainwater??

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/04/29/video-collecting-rainwater-now-illegal-in-many-states/

I am not familiar with this source. Likely not mainstream, but my son sent it to me and it freaks me out.
I would be interested in what y'all think about it.
I just called the cops and reported both my grass AND all the plants in my flower-beds.

They're ALL stealing rain-water, each and every time it rains.

Ba$tards

About time someone put a stop to all the plants and trees and grass, etc, that's stealing the gov't rain-water.

I think there should be a rain-tax. Calculate the square-footage of your yard, estimate how much rain-fall each sq.ft. receives each year, and tax accordingly.

What a BOON for our gov't that would be! Economic crisis over!! National debt & deficit eliminated!!!

GO GO BIG GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

(Oh wait... I live in Texas where this isn't applicable. Oops!)
"I just called the cops and reported both my grass AND all the plants in my flower-beds.

Ba$tards "

LMFAO!....
ROFL!!
Never heard of Pakalertpress, but the article did have a couple of things to ponder.  The article does make it sound like they (government) want's to control everything.  
"I think there should be a rain-tax. Calculate the square-footage of your yard, estimate how much rain-fall each sq.ft. receives each year, and tax accordingly."

I don't recall all the particulars, even where it was, but I did read an article a while back about one city that calculates the amount of cement/blacktop, etc one has in their yard/around their business and is taxing because the cement prevents rain from being absorbed into the ground and causes too much run off.  I'll have to try to find that.  

I've never heard of this source, so I don't know how credible it is, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some politicians tried to make it illegal to collect rain water for your own use.
Yeah, I looked at the other articles associated with the links, more conspiratorial left wing stuff that I agree with but am not entirely behind. I don't like reactionary politics but that may be just because I have 'mellowed with age'. It is interesting though that at the more extreme ends you will find that the right and the left start sounding more like each other with their fears of Gov. control and conspiracy theories.
As I continue to distrust the Government more and more I wonder if I will eventually join them in their madness...but the mainstream is madness now too...so what to do?
It's in Maryland; sounds like it even includes rooftops.  Here are 2 links:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/04/14/surface-tax-will-cost-md-property-owners-every-time-it-rains/

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/blog/morning-edition/2013/04/md-legislators-may-revisit-so-called.html
OMG! The world has gone mad...how can this be?
I recall hearing about this happening in Colorado. They even had some regulation about what you could do with the snow you shoveled off your roof if I recall correctly.

I can't remember what precip' looks like. I wonder if I can get a gov't subsidy?
Seriously, rain catchment tanks are big business in S. Brewster County. You just don't get to use them every year.
If you get a govt subsidy for lack of rain, let me know....... we just got our first inch, in months, this evening and with our "wanna be dirt" (sand) it's all gone in no time flat. It's been so dry here for the past 3 yrs, I don't even try to catch rainfall anymore. I let it go to the aquifer, so the well doesn't go dry......
Barb135 commented on SOY
motye51 commented on Nicoleg70's status
Dee1956 0 chill factor ARGH, I am h... Comment
Feb 10