485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club. Her Husband Responds W/ a R...
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
39 members

Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club. Her Husband Responds W/ a Revolver

http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-penn-intruder-dead-attacking-elderly-woman-club-004819256.html?nopharma=1

Police say a Pennsylvania business owner fatally shot an intruder after the man attacked the business owner's wife with a club.

Sylvia and Alfred Armen were working in the music store they own, CBS Pittsburgh/KDKA reports, when the suspect came in and looked at some of the merchandise.  He reportedly left for a few minutes, then came back with a wooden club.

Without delay, he allegedly struck Sylvia in the head, before "Mr. Armen came to her rescue," Bethel Park Police Chief John Mackey said.

The Armens are both in their seventies.
Music Store Owner Shoots Assailant After He Attacks Wife With a Club in PennsylvaniaArmen's Music Store

(Photo: KDKA-TV)

Alfred reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the assailant before fatally shooting him with a revolver.

Authorities aren't saying whether the couple knew the suspect, but he is described as a white male in his early thirties.

Sylvia and Alfred were both hospitalized for their injuries, but are expected to be alright.

"I think they're in pretty decent shape considering what occurred here today," Mackey described.

Police have not released a motive for the suspect.

That's what he gets...IDIOT....
That is what he gets!  I really dislike people who prey upon the elderly.  Turns out that this gentleman was ready and prepared to protect his wife.  I hope they are both all right.
This story made me think of "The Untouchables", where Malone says:

"Now isn't that just like a wop, brings a knife to a gunfight!"

Serves the idiot right. As Brice said... "I really dislike people who prey upon the elderly". DITTO.

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
specialmom commented on KTowne's status
Apr 27
Barb135 commented on opus88's status
Apr 26
Dee1956 commented on fntn's status
Apr 25