485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club. Her Husband Responds W/ a R...
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
32 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club. Her Husband Responds W/ a Revolver

http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-penn-intruder-dead-attacking-elderly-woman-club-004819256.html?nopharma=1

Police say a Pennsylvania business owner fatally shot an intruder after the man attacked the business owner's wife with a club.

Sylvia and Alfred Armen were working in the music store they own, CBS Pittsburgh/KDKA reports, when the suspect came in and looked at some of the merchandise.  He reportedly left for a few minutes, then came back with a wooden club.

Without delay, he allegedly struck Sylvia in the head, before "Mr. Armen came to her rescue," Bethel Park Police Chief John Mackey said.

The Armens are both in their seventies.
Music Store Owner Shoots Assailant After He Attacks Wife With a Club in PennsylvaniaArmen's Music Store

(Photo: KDKA-TV)

Alfred reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the assailant before fatally shooting him with a revolver.

Authorities aren't saying whether the couple knew the suspect, but he is described as a white male in his early thirties.

Sylvia and Alfred were both hospitalized for their injuries, but are expected to be alright.

"I think they're in pretty decent shape considering what occurred here today," Mackey described.

Police have not released a motive for the suspect.

3 Comments
Blank
1530342_tn?1384926301
That's what he gets...IDIOT....
Blank
That is what he gets!  I really dislike people who prey upon the elderly.  Turns out that this gentleman was ready and prepared to protect his wife.  I hope they are both all right.
Blank
1310633_tn?1289313024
This story made me think of "The Untouchables", where Malone says:

"Now isn't that just like a wop, brings a knife to a gunfight!"

Serves the idiot right. As Brice said... "I really dislike people who prey upon the elderly". DITTO.

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Blank
Recent Activity
480448_tn?1397235344
Blank
Barb135, specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status
1 hr ago
Blank
mikesimon There's no pain like your p... Comment
12 hrs ago
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank