MTV's 'Buckwild' Show Focuses on West Virginia, Upsets Senator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmt3PEwPyI

white trash, redneck teens in west virginia and the new show that replaces snooky on MTV

The governor is ticked off about Buckwild, how about you?

Is this the new role model all in the name of big bucks? And how many other states will follow?
So this will be aimed at young people as snooky was. I thought snooky was trash and am wondering why no one was upset about that one personally. We have entered the twilight zone of trash flash imo and none of it is worth watching but Im not 16 either.
NJ and Italian American groups were very upset when Jersey Shore came out. Personally I could care less what shows are on TV and if people want to model themselves after people like this, then so be it...they are IDIOTS.
I can't believe they make TV out of this and worse... millionaires out of complete nobodies who contribute nothing to society on any level.  God Bless America!!!
I don't watch this stuff.
If nobody watched it'd shrivel up and go away.

Television, like the computer, is a tool with great potential.
Unfortunately both put too much focus on the lowest common denominator.
Agreed OH.  

This is all about the law of supply and demand; microeconomics.  If there wasn't ANY demand there wouldn't be any need for a supply.  My analogy.
Snooki......what a joke.  She isn't even Italian....she is Chilean and was raised by Italians.  Well, I guess that counts.  

That stuff comes on here and is dubbed over.  I absolutely hate it.  
This, and Snooki, and Honey Boo Boo, and Duck Dynasty...all trash TV.  You guys are right, if people wouldn't watch, it wouldn't be on.  That's kind of sad...I guess people are watching, obviously...like Honey Boo Boo...that's still on.  Talk about disgusting?  That show is just awful.  Nothing like "glorifying" the things they do on that show...being overweight, unkempt, uneducated, teen pregnancy.  I mean, the opening segment shows them all laughing because the mother passed gas.  NICE.  Ew.  Just awful.

I have to say I DO like some reality shows...I'm addicted to all of the Real Housewives shows.  But these newer ones that just are trashy...yuk.

I guess the RH is trashy too, but in a different way.  I just like the drama.
Duck Dynasty is awesome....  All of those cats are educated/have business degrees.  (Make a TV show out of their lives?  I don't get it, but I do find that show pretty entertaining.)  
That's one I've never watched.  The previews make it look like more of the same...redneck/hillbilly stuff.
Don't get me wrong.  They do some ridiculous stuff on the show, but these people are no dummies.  They've managed to make a fortune in duck calls, so much so that they made a TV show out of them.  There is a certain level of genius there.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Dee1956 Meegy 172 days!! Coincidenc... Comment
Dec 01
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Nov 30
Derekcarter commented on Derealization and Dep...
Nov 30