485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
35 members

(Reuters) - More than half of U.S. citizens believe that most or all of the country's 11 million illegal immigrants should be deported, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday that highlights the difficulties facing lawmakers trying to reform the U.S. immigration system.

The online survey shows resistance to easing immigration laws despite the biggest push for reform in Congress since 2007.

Thirty percent of those polled think that most illegal immigrants, with some exceptions, should be deported, while 23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported.

Only 5 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States legally, and 31 percent want most illegal immigrants to stay.

These results are in line with other polls in recent years, suggesting that people's views on immigration have not changed dramatically since the immigration debate reignited in Congress last month, according to Ipsos pollster Julia Clark.

"It's not Americans' views that are shifting. It is that the political climate is ripe for this discussion," after the November election when Hispanics voted overwhelmingly in favor of Democratic President Barack Obama, she said.

"Democrats feel that the time is right to capitalize on their wins and Republicans feel that they had a bad blow and are eager to reach out to Hispanics," she added.

Polls show that most Americans back immigration reform, although they often have different ideas of what that means, with some people favoring looser immigration laws while others want to see greater border security.

A group of eight U.S. senators are working on a bipartisan deal to enact immigration reform, the first major attempt since a similar overhaul died in Congress six years ago.

The senators' proposal calls for a full path to citizenship for illegal immigrants once they pay back taxes and a fine and wait in line behind others applying to become Americans.

A plan by Obama has similar provisions, but the senators want any move to relax immigration laws dependant on boosting security on the southern border.

ISSUE POLARIZES POLICYMAKERS

Attitudes toward immigration are polarized by party, according to another the Reuters/Ipsos poll. Seventy-five percent of Republicans think all or most immigrants should be deported, compared to 40 percent of Democrats who think the same.

Republican Senator John McCain, one of the eight senators in the group, had his own encounter with citizens angered by illegal immigration on Tuesday when residents of his state of Arizona complained bitterly at a town hall meeting about the lack of security on the border with Mexico.

One man asked why troops had not been deployed to the border.

"Why didn't the army go down there and stop them? Because the only thing that stops them I'm afraid to say, and it's too damn bad, is a gun," the man said,

Another resident, Keith Smith, got into a testy exchange with McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential candidate whose views on immigration have fluctuated over the years.

"Cut off their welfare and all their stuff and they'll go back," Smith said, referring to undocumented workers.

McCain had been trying to explain his position: "You're not telling these people the truth. They mow our lawns, they care for our babies, they clean . . . that's what those people do," he said.

The Arizona lawmaker, whose position on immigration hardened during the 2010 midterm elections before softening again, is a key part of the Republican side of the senators' bipartisan immigration effort.

Wednesday's Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted Friday through Tuesday and surveyed 1,443 Americans over the age of 18.

The precision of the Reuters/Ipsos online poll is measured using a credibility interval. In this survey, the poll has a credibility interval of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

SOURCE: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/us-usa-immigration-idUSBRE91K01A20130221
It's really too bad we don't live in a democracy, where our elected officials do what their constituents ask them to do, not what THEY think is best.

Oh wait...
Well a news story in NY is our governor is going to push for illegals to get more assistance for college. It's outragious to think that people want to reward others for breaking the law. And if hispanics are going to vote D because illegals are going to be made citizens then so be it but expect a lot of backlash and rightfully so.

I am so tired of this debate and everyone who is for making ILLEGALS citizens is WRONG. Not an opinion, it is FACT. You don't reward people who break the law.

1st-Secure the boarder
2nd-Immigration reform-People who want to come here legally go to the front of the line. Illegals get strick background checks. Any violation of US law or law where they come from get deported. Others can be granted temp visas and after 1 year if they are clean they can apply for perminate residence.
Speaking of securing the border, they are now saying that that will be one of the first cuts coming up... where is this nations focus?
"...where is this nations focus?..."

The focus of the current administration, is securing Democrat voters for the next election-cycle.
2014-Unsecured welfare America, come one come all vote Dems.
An immigration divide

A 51% majority of Americans say it's essential for the president and Congress to pass a sweeping immigration bill this year, and nearly everybody, nine in 10, say a major bill is needed within the next few years.

But to do what?

One in four want the bill to focus on better border security — that's down 10 percentage points from a year ago — and another one in four want the focus to be on creating a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants now in this country. Nearly half of those surveyed, 47%, say both should be equal priorities.

There is a predictable partisan divide on the issue: Democrats want a pathway to citizenship while Republicans back stronger security and enforcement of existing immigration laws. That could create problems for Republican leaders, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who are working on bipartisan bills that would include a path to legal status for illegal immigrants as well as border security measures.

By a wide margin, 50%-33%, Obama's approach to immigration is preferred over the GOP, and the president has seen his approval rating on handling immigration surge. During his first term, his disapproval rating on immigration was 20 points or more higher than his approval rating. Now, as many Americans approve of his work on immigration as disapprove, 44%-43%. Only his handling of Afghanistan ranks higher.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/02/21/poll-pew-obama-gop-guns-energy-immigration-sequester/1934233/
I really don't understand the opposition to citizenship. For the most part they are the hardest working population in this Country.
I would imagine some folks and businesses will resist because they may have to pay a fare wage to citizens.
THEY BROKE THE LAW. No matter how hard working someone is, if they don't follow the law then why should they be rewarded?
I am supposing they were hungry and went next door to mow some lawns so they could feed their families.

Seriously, are there not a lot of Europeans, Asians and Middle Easterners who come into this country on a tourist visa and then disappear? Why is it always about the Mexicans in these discussions?

I am for tighter border controls but I am also for amnesty for those people who are not criminal and who have a good employment history in this country.
On my crew I have 11 Hondurans (all legal). I am amazed at how prejudice they are. They hate Mexicans.
I know. When I taught in S.F. if someone called a Salvadorean "Mexican" mistakenly they would become outraged.
People can be so stupid...it doesn't matter if someone experiences how wrong it is, he will turn around and do it to someone else ...go figure.

People often to look down on others to deflect from their own worries of perceived inferiority.
So you come to this country from where ever and break the law and you should just be allowed to stay? Hoe does that make any sense?

I believe it is "Mexicans" or latin's because the majority come across the boarder with Mexico.
It's not just the Mexicans.  It's everyone that comes here illegally, but the majority of the problem lies with Mexicans.  They are the largest group of people immigrating here illegally.
I can't wait until they all can vote. Now, that will be fun.
2 for 2 today..lol...
I understand your point Vance, but I am sympathetic to those people trying to survive and I am impressed with their hard work and self sufficiency. I also really like Latin culture. The Mexicans I have known as a teacher demonstrate not only real work ethic, but they have strong family values. They don't abandon their aged and ailing, they help each other.
That is just my experience and I know the illegality of it ,is an issue. I don't dismiss it, I just don't feel like the ppl are such a threat to this country.

Yes:-) and they will...they take politics very seriously. Interestingly, most of the Latinos I know are pretty conservative in general.
Shucks - it's like shooting fish in a barrel.............with an assault weapon, of course.
:-)
Yes lets grant every illegal citizenship, lets open the boarders and everyone from anywhere can come on it, no questions asked. Lets do away with a 2 party system (like most liberals really want) and lets just make D's the official rulers of the country.

Geez Vance, not exactly a thoughtful response there, now is it?
“The stupidest man I ever met had a favorite saying.
It was:
'What do you think I am, stupid, or something?”

Idries Shah, Reflections
Whew, this is sure a blast.

Okay Vance, let me give you a good response on par with this dialogue:
"That's so funny I forgot to laugh."  

My kids love that one.  
I have one thing to say about this so called 50% ~ poppycock !
Wish there was more prosecution of anyone that hired illegal folks and yes, I think a good portion should be sent back.  Some amnesty for residents that have been living here illegally for 20 years, well . . .  that is a sad thing to rip apart families. But I agree that it is too much to expect to provide for every single person that crosses the boarder and doesn't take steps for citizenship.  
I personally believe the statistic just like I believe Obama's current approval rating.  :>)
I think the main opposition comes from farmers and businesses that will be forced to pay a living wage if these workers become American citizens.
The fact they pay lower wages enables them to a higher profit.
What kind of business are you talking about?  I agree about farmers and various other unskilled labor jobs.  Again, they should be prosecuted for hiring them.  
By your rational, above, a poor person that breaks into a house and steals a TV, then pawns it for cash, in order to pay for groceries for their family, should be exonerated.

I'm not saying that mexicans break into houses, but they DID break into this country, and are in essence, STEALING.

They enjoy the benefits of our healthcare system. Our education system. And a host of other things, that LEGAL united states citizen taxpayer dollars provide. They pay ZERO into the system, yet take, take, take out of the system.

Not only do they pay nothing in, but they take a CRAPLOAD out.

$100 BILLION/yr is spent, in US taxpayer dollars, towards illegal aliens[1]

[1] http://abcnews.go.com/Business/illegal-immigrants-cost-us-100-billion-year-group/story?id=10699317
Not only do they pay nothing in, but they take a CRAPLOAD out. "

Then. make them legal and tax them, have them pay into their healthcare and retirement rather than just taking a 'crapload' out of it.

But then again I am a crazy Liberal who thinks they should legalize pot and tax the crap out of it too.
"But then again I am a crazy Liberal who thinks they should legalize pot and tax the crap out of it too. "
.
I'm not a Liberal and have been that for years.
Everyone wants to slam the door behind them.
Having just met a lovely Native American woman who has dealt with loads of discrimination due to living on a reservation for much of her life, I question just who do we think we are to be even having this debate.

The problem is not about immigrants folks, it's about the industrial corporate complex that is bleeding us dry, while raking in the fat off the top and turning us against each other with divide and conquer tactics.

OMG, not legalizing pot!  LOL  

It's a good thing we wasted all that money trying to keep them out, etc... let's just make them all legal!

Good idea NYG. You're a genius!!!

PART VIII - GENERAL PENALTY PROVISIONS
Section 1321. Prevention Of Unauthorized Landing Of Aliens
Section 1322. Bringing In Aliens Subject To Denial Of Admission On A Health-Related Ground; Persons Liable; Clearance Papers; Exceptions; "Person" Defined
Section 1323. Unlawful Bringing Of Aliens Into United States
Section 1324. Bringing In And Harboring Certain Aliens
Section 1324a. Unlawful Employment Of Aliens
Section 1324b. Unfair Immigration-Related Employment Practices
Section 1324c. Penalties For Document Fraud
Section 1324d. Civil Penalties For Failure To Depart
Section 1325. Improper Entry By Alien
Section 1326. Reentry Of Removed Aliens
Section 1327. Aiding Or Assisting Certain Aliens To Enter
Section 1328. Importation Of Alien For Immoral Purpose
Section 1329. Jurisdiction Of District Courts
Section 1330. Collection Of Penalties And Expenses
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/8/chapters/12/subchapters/ii/parts/viii/toc.html
By the way... you nailed it, on the description of yourself.

"... then again I am a crazy Liberal..."

Awesome that you've come out, stood up, and gotten yourself counted!!!
No you're not -  you're a fool.
I want to apologize for that last statement. It wasn't nice and it wasn't appropriate. I admit that I do get terribly frustrated when I read some of the stuff here and frankly, sometimes I can't believe what I see here.
But, I am sorry for my rudeness.

Mike
"I'm not a Liberal and have been that for years."

Sorry, I was in a hurry and I meant to say was "I'm not a Liberal and have been SAYING THAT that for years.
What, that you are not a liberal?
  No, Sorry again. This drive back and forth from New Orleans is killing me and by the end of the week I’m mentally and physically fatigued.
Let me repost the whole thing.

NYgirl-But then again I am a crazy Liberal who thinks they should legalize pot and tax the crap out of it too.

Me-I'm not a Liberal and have been saying for years, “they should legalize pot and tax the crap out of it”.
Sorry Glass, I was kidding, I knew what you meant. :)

I just felt like teasing you,
ha

Sorry, I knew what you meant. I was just kidding around. :)

Okay there was my comeuppance--you see how I messed that up? I thought I had deleted the first part..grrrr
Comeuppance, I haven’t heard that word used in quite awhile. I just recently figured out the difference in Reckoning and Revenge, now you threw Comeuppance in the mix.
lol...I don't know...it just popped in my head when I was thinking of the word I wanted to say..not a word I ever use (I suppose/hope I used it correctly)
Funny how the brain works, the way things just seem to pop up.
"Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported"

The majority of plantation owners thought they could use Black Africans to pick their cotton and there wouldn't be any consequences.

The majority of White South Africans thought they and their children were too good to mine their own diamonds and gold,  --  and it would just go on like that forever.

The majority of Americans think it's OK for undocumented workers to work in their slaughterhouses, build their homes, wash their dishes, pick their crops, mow their lawns, and watch their children. And now, we even import our doctors, engineers, and people to write our computer code because it's too much trouble and expense to educate our own children.

The majority of Americans don't study history.
”The majority of Americans don't study history.” I agree.  I’m in the Minority that loves History and just shake my head at people that believe anything taught to them without researching it out. Some people don’t want to know the “ugly truth.”

And this Generation of Blue Color Workers has become Lazy.
I blame the parents for letting them grow up with no responsibilities and letting them play Video Games/TV instead of making them go outside to play (or do yard work).  I know that got a little off topic but I feel better for getting it off my chest.
Gotta leave for Work.
I live in an area with many types of fruit to be harvested.Every year there is a shortage of workers for the harvest.(White Folks) won't do it,it's too hard for them to work.A couple years back when they had decided to stiffly fine Orchardists for employing undocumented workers there was such a shortage that our gouvenor asked those seeking employment and others recieving Unemployment benefits and those whose extension were to expire to work in the harvest.They did not come...,they never do.The work is too hard for most.i was in the employment office in Wenatchee,Wa and a man was screaming about how all the wetbacks got the jobs.My group went out into a pear orchard to pick(the heaviest and trees most difficult to pick).Loe and Behold there was the man that had been throwing a fir in the office earlier.An hour or so went by and I walked through the rows looking for the outhouse and there was that man laying on the grass in the sun.I said hi howww ya doin?He said "I 'm quitin this#*##!*^%job it's too hard.
Next they give false Social Security numbers made up ones usually,that money if it can't be matched with the person or they say I didn't work there when they see the tax return hwere does that money go?Why I am sure it goes right back to the SSA and the employment insurance that was with held goes back to the State and the taxes as well.I am not so sure it costs as much as they say to have illegals here.Welfare?Foodstamps?when was the last time you applied for them?You have to have a birth certificate and social security number for each person applying for.They don't just get welfare!Send all their money home?Let's not forget that arguement.Okay what money?If they do it's not much because they spend the minimum wage they make on groceries,gas for the car,clothes for kids.Not much money left after renting or any of above.
People with strong family values and standards and Papa is the boss and to be respected and Momma is adored and respected ,Abuela yAbuelo Keepers of the family traditions.
It is only after some, not all are here for awhile do they start to take advantage of the system  and do some of the other things people find disrespectful.Only after they have been here awhile and learn to emulate our behavior that things change(sometimes).Go to work in the fruit harvest or better yet everytime you eat one of those apples cherries peaches pears etc.you are supporting illegal aliens.

meant to type "throwing a fit"not fir!
you are a breath of fresh air...Thx for that!
Great post. Thanks!
If you think that fruit & vegetables, etc, are expensive now, just wait until you make those 22 million illegal fruit/veg-pickers LEGAL (and have to pay them at least minimum-wage).

If wages for fruit/veg-pickers increases, then prices will increase.
So let's encourage people to break the law and maybe get deported do we can pay lower prices...you take the cake dude.
It makes much more sense to deport them all (imagine the costs of housing, medical, travel, government bureaucracy etc. related to that) and then have them sneak right back in again.

Well I guess it would create some more government jobs.
"...So let's encourage people to break the law and maybe get deported so we can pay lower prices..."

That doesn't even make sense.

I'm simply pointing out that if you grant amnesty to 'them' and make them all citizens, you'll have to pay them minimum-wage, and our costs for good & services will increase accordingly.

If wages have a forced increase (which will be the bi-product of making them citizens), then the costs of the associated products will increase.
I am really confused.  So, people here think we should allow anyone who would like to to just come on in and hang out without going through proper citizenship channels?  
No I dont believe that at all.  And honestly I do not think they should wave a wand and let everyone stay. Or come in. Lord knows Jimmy Carter made that mistake (great man, terrible President and yes a Democrat who I voted for (shame face).

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

My comment about most Americans not studying history was meant to point out that every civilization that has relied on second class citizens to 'do' for them has collapsed. We have devolved into a nation where the ultimate goal is to become part of the investor class where we can sit on our bvtts and let someone else do the work. It's reflected in our lack of work ethic, our 401k retirement system, our fixation on being entertained, the fact that we are willing to let immigrants be our doctors and engineers rather than educate our children, and a dozen other examples. The Romans voted themselves 'bread and circuses' and hired mercenaries to guard their borders. The problem is not the Mexicans who pick our crops or the South Asians who do our tech work and our doctoring. It's us.
Excellent.
Thank you for that.
Hm.  Not how I see it.  Work ethic may put you in a position to have others work for you but that is different than wanting to sit on one's butt.  401k's are earned by getting yourself educated and in a situation where you can participate in such a plan and one has to contribute to match any funds.  It's a way of encouraging people to not spend every penny they have and save for the future.

Work ethic to me is different than you describe.  I found a strong work ethic to be what got me to financial independence (which I was told from a young age that I had to achieve.  That NO ONE would catch me as an adult if I fall.  I have always believed that and lived that way. ).

Well, perhaps you are too deep for me tonight.  

I still believe that we close our borders and send back who cross illegally.  Amnesty for those who've been here a specific period of time and put down roots at this point.  Otherwise, they can go through the proper channels to become US citizens. Not sure why that is something anyone would have a problem with.  

You: liberal
Me: conservative
And we agree on this subject.  Yeah.  
Amnesty for those who've been here a specific period of time and put down roots at this point.  Otherwise, they can go through the proper channels to become US citizens.
---------------------------------------------------
I agree with that for the most part.
What I object to is the way some people (not you) portray illegal immigrants as bloodsucking thieves who are destroying this country. It is a kind of scapegoating. Many of the people who spout off about them (especially the latin "aliens") use them for cheap labor themselves. This country is basically run on their labor but officially *they* are condemned for trying to make a better life for themselves.
I agree there needs to be a humane and proper procedure for immigration and that we cannot automatically open our borders to everyone w/o limitations but I am addressing the hypocrisy of the more fervent anti immigration stand..
"Amnesty for those who've been here a specific period of time and put down roots at this point."  

I don't think total amnesty should be an option for anyone who entered the country illegally.  A path to citizenship?  Maybe, under certain circumstances.......

Amnesty lets them off scott free for breaking our laws; does anyone think for one minute that if I crossed illegally into Mexico, I'd get any kind of amnesty?  No, I wouldn't....... Does anyone think I could go to Mexico and insist that everyone learn my language?  If so, think again..Insist on flying an American flag? Nope, won't happen. Does anyone think I could go to Mexico and get free health care?   Nope, not happening..

There are a lot of illegal aliens who have come into this country illegally; they need to pay fines for their crimes, get proper documentation in order to keep jobs, then go to the end of the line to become citizens.  Why should people trying to become citizens "the right way" have to take a back seat to those who came here illegally?  Allowing illegals amnesty only encourages more illegals......
Here in Washington state fruit harvest workers ARE paid minimum wage!!!Get your facts!
Close the borders send them all back where they came from?Who is going to do the unskilled labor you and you and you won't do even if faced with unemployment.?I did it when I was younger rather than face unemployment.It was very hard then.The sound of ladders and singing up and down the rows every morning.I asked them one time how you be so happy and singing to do this hard work."Because we are happy to be able to work!"Would most Americans be happy to work weighed down with a picking sack that weighs more than you wife?Nope.
Hold a Lottery twice a year and give them hope of being here legally.Come up with some other solutions.It can be done.What's the alternative?Bombing and booby-trapping the whole border?We are more intelligent than to just close the borders ,send them back right?
We won't have to worry about amnesty.  With this sequestration and all of the looming cuts, boarder security is one of the first things to be slashed.  So we went from being proud of the President for doing the most in recent history regarding immigration (more people deported) to simply getting ready to open the gates.  That is brilliant.  Do all of that work, and just dump it near the outhouse....
Paying workers less than minimum wage is illegal.
" Paying workers less than minimum wage is illegal. "

not trying to be a smart a$$ but it seems kind of ironic when you think about it " paying illegal workers less then minimum wage is illegal "
Interesting point when you consider that illegals are already illegal, and then of course hiring them is supposed to be illegal.  Everything going on around the situation is illegal, why would the wage rate be legal?

I don't know the answers but what were doing isn't working and I am not for sure how some of the things that are being talked about are going to work.
LOL

Actually, it was me being a smart@ss because I was going to point out that advocating paying less than minimum wage could be considered 'incitement' which is also illegal, except I took the time to look up incitement and came across the interesting fact that the definition of incitement was changed in Oct. 2008, which distracted me into a whole different line of thought.......
You are so right on!
When my son ran a business in S.F., the only people who would do the "menial" work were the people from across the border. They had papers but I suspect many workers with papers don't have the official papers. I assumed they were legal but when one guy went home to take care of his dying father he couldn't get across the border again to get back to work.
These guys were working 2 or 3 jobs sleeping in cars and sending the money back to feed their families. I have nothing but admiration for them.
When he advertised for replacements, there were no American born takers, well one girl who got fired when she showed up for work drunk...
Same thing in NYC.
There is no shame in hard work, it makes me wonder whatever happened to America?
I didn't take you that way at all but when any word has more then 4letters in it I start getting confused,lol

as far as the " illegals " doing the menial work, I sure don't have the answer cause for example say we ship em all outa here then to get
" legal  workers," I can only imagine they wouldn't do the jobs unless it was for more $$$$, so then the price of everything goes up to make ends meet so again I sure don't have the answer, but imo I'm thinking more along the line of some kind of legal work visa or something with some sort of chance to become legal citizens after the other immigrants who are already inline and waiting to become legal citizens have there chance.

btw I recently saw a story on Onyango Obama ( da pres's bro ) who has been in this country for 43yrs and if I'm not mistaken illegally, he must have connections somewhere,lol

btw btw anybody ever seen the Mexicans immigration policy towards Americans?
Even though they may be here illegally,not paying them minimum wage is nothing more than slaving!Slaves!Incentive to make them want to work here ,puleease!Rent,utility, bills,fuel ,groceries,everything we pay...Can you pay bills and living expences on minimum wage?NO ONE CAN so what kind of incentive is that?It is something warm in your belly and the dreams of sending your kids to College,of living in more than a corrugated tin shack , nwe shoe with out having to sacrifice meals for them
I was in Guaymas Mexico one side of the street had nice stuccoed littles homes and the other a bunch of tin shacks and cardboard.Venders coming to the house to sell cleaned Nopales.Do you know how tedious it is to clean all those thorns from them without becoming a pincushion?What a hard way to make a little change.Marisella worked at a fish processing plant 12 hours a day .pay is 5 dollars a day.
I don't think they see all the pictures of our homeless living in cars and camps and under bridges.The only see the ones picture perfect flowers in the yard and playing ball.Can't blame anyone for hopes and dreams and trying by the sweat off your back to have what you percieve as a better life for your children and grandchildren.
Oh!  Off the subject some I once saw a very old man and woman working and on second look he had one arm,No disability or Social Security check here folks.!
I think just the title of this article is telling. This is a problem decades old, enough blame to go round and around and altho none of us like the situation it is what it is and what to do about it after years and years of ignoring it by our elected officials. How would we afford the cost alone, let alone rounding up the multitudes that are here (illegally)? We are broke, remember? Secondly, the children that were brought here by their parents are blameless and cannot be held responsible or accountable for the laws their parents broke way back then. I dont see us having a choice but to provide a way of letting them stay. We have schooled them afterall and we need the taxes of course! So in a nutshell, our elected officials have created this mess by kicking the can down the road and its going to take them cleaning it up. It is kind of entertaining watching them squirm as to how they are going to tackle the problem. But of course in a time when it will be advantageous for all parties to do so, Im guessing it will get done. Not to everyones liking either.
nursegirl6572 commented on Trying not to panic
mikesimon commented on susan400's status
Jul 24
Vance2335 commented on gracefromHHP's status
Jul 24